Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Changes to the Vendors Section.. all mod and subscriber input is appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Changes to the Vendors Section.. all mod and subscriber input is appreciated

Hey mods & subscribers...
    These are some changes that I would like to implement in the sale section with the goals of:
    - increasing the saftey for buyers
    - creating more vendor enthusiasm
    - increasing club revenue
    - preventing bull**** from cluttering up the forums

New Vendor Rates

Vendors will be able to choose between 2 club donation structures:

Performance Based:
    $1.00 for each item sold between $0.00 - $50.00
    $2.00 for each item sold between $50.01 - $100.00
    $5.00 for each item sold between $100.01 - $500.00
    $10.00 for each item sold between $500.01 - $1000.00
    $15.00 for each item sold between $1000.01 +

Now first criticism that you guys might think of is 'well $15.00 isnt really a lot if someone is selling something for over a grand'
    But keep in mind that we dont have any vendors that sell anything in that price range. There has been products offered, but nothing has ever been bought. Secondly, it would be nice to see members actually buying products worth that much... so if anything we want to encourage vendors to make big ticket items.

Flat rate:
    $15.00/month or $80.00 for 6 months
    The vendor can sell as much as they would like with no interruption.

The way the vendor rates have been going so far, is when people apply to be a vendor I suggest a rate for them and thats what they do. Its pretty much the same thing, but at least this way there is more structure.

Have all donations sent to me, and then monthly or bi-montly I forward it to Dave

I have a feeling lots of donations have not been sent, because the vendors dont really know where to send it, and they either forget or try to brush off their obligations. What I would like to do is setup a seperate paypal account where I could keep track of what donations are recieved and who has paid from who has not, and then I could forward this to dave either monthly or bi-monthly. Depending on how much it is.

The only problem I see people arising with this, is if they for whatever reason anyone thinks im trying to be sketchy here. Hopefully nobody feels that way thought, as I have nothing but positive comments with how I handle transactions with fellow members.

I would also post up in the private section a little statement that shows how much $ the club made as a result of sales... and from which vendors too.

Create a thread in the vendors section spelling out all the regulations and requirements to become a vendor

I get too many PM's asking the same thing. "how do i become a vendor"
    And I always send them the same schpeal.

I need the following information:

*Name
    *Business name if applicable
    *Address
    *Phone
    *Email
    *Intended donation structure
    *Product/service offered

Please note that I randomly contact vendors by either mail or phone to verify the information is correct. If the information changes it is pertinent that you inform me, otherwise it could lead to deletion from the vendors list.
    You must post in the vendors section, and you will be added to the vendors list shortly. Please make sure you include in your first post that you are authorized and that you will be making a donation. The members of our board have no problems supporting the board by donations based on purchases.

Please get back to me with the info, and then you could be on with your business!
    Thank you
    - Chris De Freitas
    Now instead of me having to do that every time, I want to have a thread in the vendors section that spells out the new donation structure as well as what is required. That way, if someone wants to become a vendor they already know information the have to send me. This will just make my response time quicker cause I will have less crap to deal with.

Introduce a "perferred seller" Status
    What this would be, would be for vendors or members with positive ONLY feedback in their feedback thread from over 15 members. They would just get a symbol or something (im sure someone could photochop something nice) and add it to their signature. If the person has an unhappy buyer in their feedback thread, they must resolve that issue with the buyer and the buyer must publically post that the issue was resolved.... before the seller regains their 'preferred seller' status. More than anything, this would make the vendor feel good and make them be more inclined to sell items and to provide superior service. And it also provides piece of mind for buyers as well too. A member that comes to my mind is mike_moss... he has probably the best feedback of all people on this board, I dont think it would be out of line to have some sort of recognition for that.

Now this is the end of the ideas that I feel are pretty good ideas with lots of potential for success
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The following is potential ideas... that probably need some discussion before they're really considered good ideas.

ANY seller must be a member of this board for at least a month, and must have at least 20 posts before they are allowed to offer items for sale

Pretty much self-explanatory... it prevents newer members from getting scammed.
    But then I guess there is a downside to this rule too... because if someone is primarily a member of say the mazda3 forum, and they just wanted to post something here to gather more interest... then they wouldnt really offer the product here... and it could be something people here would like.... but then on the other hand only members who have stuck around for a little bit can sell stuff... which ensures security.
    I dunno, it could go both ways.... what do you think?

Every new vendor must have a reference

Either by a member who has been a member here for over 4 months who have used their products/services.... a friend who is a member here.... a moderator.... or another vendor. You wouldnt believe the amount of stupid friggin rejects I get trying to be vendors... for example this ****bag:

Then he sends me a PM... "whut i gotta do to be a vendor"
    or something retarded like that
    Then i waste my time telling him bout being a vendor, only to never get a reply again. I need a way to tell people like that NO go away. And clearly he has no reference or anything, so that would be one good way.

Concern??
    Im sure you've all read this post...

this guy seems legit to be honest
    Originally posted by microtech_info
    Hi Chris De Freitas,
    Thanks for your information.Yes i accept that for donation.it is good for me and to orthers for helping.We accept the payment only true wire transfer and money order only.We dont have a paypal or credit card facility.
    Hope we can help somebody from this forum to get the mazda stuff and you also.I send it the stuff to world wide.
    This is some information your need.
    Name:Syahz Mohd
    Business Name:Rpm2 Racing Malaysia Sdn Bhd.
    No 13 Jalan 2/20 Taman Putra Perdana
    47100 Puchong
    Selangor
    Malaysia

Phone:
    Office:+603 831 84605
    H/p:+6012 286 4000

Email: rpm2racing@gawab.com

Regard
    Syahz
    Originally posted by pigeon
    Hello Syahz,

That is not a problem. What I need from you, is for you to send me the following information:
    1. full name
    2. business name
    3. business address
    4. contact phone number
    5. contact email address

I also need to know how you will be accepting payment for your products/services, whether it is paypal or another form of tender.

And lastly, we need you to make some sort of donation based on your sales to the forum. For example, I am a vendor here and one of the strategies I use is for purchases over $100.00 I donate $5 dollars to wihandyman.com

Now in your case since each sale that you make will be much more than $100.00 the donation would have to be a bit higher as well. We're not asking for a huge amount, but say since your units are in the $1500.00 range, a donation of $15.00 would be appreciated.

Aside from that, in your thread that you advertise your product, make sure you let the members know that you will be making a donation on behalf of them if they purchase anything. Our members here are very reasonable in regards to donations, and they encourage and supprt vendors making donations.

So once you get me that information, and you agree to what I have just said, you are free to post in your forum. However you must post in the vendors section of the forsale section. So please start your new thread in there, and I will not interrupt your discussion again. Some of the members seemed very interested in your setup, which is very good!!

Thank you for your co-operation,
    - Chris De Freitas

Originally posted by microtech_info
    Im syahz from Rpm2 Racing malaysia and dealer for Microtech Asia.And im very sorry for thi avertisment.Hope u can guide me for the vendor.

Regard
    Syahz
    His english is poor, however his product seems pretty cool. Problem is he is in Malysia.... I did give him vendor status, I got all of his info and I spoke to him about how he will accept payments.... but I dunno, seems kinda risky doing online business with malyaisa... with someone that doesent speak english well and for such high priced merchandise. I'd hate to see someone get scammed.... what do u guys think?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OK everyone, if you're still awake.... what do you think?
    Let me know your opinions and stuff and what you think... or if you have any suggestions.... or if you think something is a bad idea...
    or even post if you think somethings a good idea

thanks!
    - chris

Everything you wrote seems pretty much in the direction that it needs to go.

I was wondering about the microtech guy. Since hes in malaysia, should someone that needs something small that he offers, and buy it from him and see how smoothly the transaction goes. The thread below is where he has setup his items for sale... looks like he is actually breaking into the 1k+ range for items...

His english isnt the best; but definately better than some, and he seems to be on the up and up. As I said, being in malaysia, maybe there is something small a few ppl can order to get a feel for how he does business...

About the limited post count to list new items - I am for that.
    Cross posting I dont think is too much of an issue as most of the parts that the 3rd gen and up guys use dont really go with our cars... (IE rims and whatnot)
    That and if it really is that good of a deal I am sure one of the more senior members will cross post it.

you say all donations sent to you... I have dealt with you chris, and I trust you no problems with that. I mean if your going to be the guy inchrage of the vendors, it only makes sense to send all the cash your way so dave doesnt get a bajillion tiny donations of a little here and there. Thats probably one of the things that made it so confusing and slow for him in the first place.

Go ahead and post that vendor thread about the general rules... I understand not wanting the constant PM's and crap.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

awesome, thanks for your input!

I pretty much wanted your opinion, Marc, ProtegeMenace, Daryl, Wil, Edwin, Martin (IdentityX) and even Dave...

Hopefully they read this soon and make a quick post

Comment

ANY seller must be a member of this board for at least a month, and must have at least 20 posts before they are allowed to offer items for sale

Pretty much self-explanatory... it prevents newer members from getting scammed.
        But then I guess there is a downside to this rule too... because if someone is primarily a member of say the mazda3 forum, and they just wanted to post something here to gather more interest... then they wouldnt really offer the product here... and it could be something people here would like.... but then on the other hand only members who have stuck around for a little bit can sell stuff... which ensures security.
        I dunno, it could go both ways.... what do you think?
        I think membership and posts from other Mazda forums should be allowed to be "carried over" from the forum they most frequent. That would avoid the issue of someone who frequents "the other" forums of not being able to sell their item here. i don't think we should penalize them for posting on other Mazda forums.

Every new vendor must have a reference

Either by a member who has been a member here for over 4 months who have used their products/services.... a friend who is a member here.... a moderator.... or another vendor. You wouldnt believe the amount of stupid friggin rejects I get trying to be vendors... for example this ****bag:

Then he sends me a PM... "whut i gotta do to be a vendor"
        or something retarded like that
        Then i waste my time telling him bout being a vendor, only to never get a reply again. I need a way to tell people like that NO go away. And clearly he has no reference or anything, so that would be one good way.
        Only thing about this is that it would prevent vendors such as the guy from Maylasia from selling their legit products. I don't think he knows anyone on this forum. I think you should just use your best judgement. If something sounds sketchy, tell them to **** off. "Sorry, you don't meet our requirements". lol

And for the record, I have done dealings with people in Maylasia before, so has Dave. My transaction went off without a hitch, shipping took for ****ing ever though. I used bank transfer to send the money. Dave, on the other hand, had money orders stolen from the mail on the way to Maylasia on two seperate occasions. Members should be advised to stray away from sending money orders and utilize the bank transfers. Only bad thing about that is that banks charge a fee to send money overseas. It was $35 at my bank.
        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Performance Based:
          $1.00 for each item sold between $0.00 - $50.00
          $2.00 for each item sold between $50.01 - $100.00
          $5.00 for each item sold between $100.01 - $500.00
          $10.00 for each item sold between $500.01 - $1000.00
          $15.00 for each item sold between $1000.01 +

IMO thats too little of a donation.

I think it should be 2 dollars up to like 30 dollars
          3 up to 100
          5 up to 300
          and whatever you want past that.
          93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
          02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
          05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

I knew i chose the right person for the job I have dealt with Chris on a biznass level and have no reason at all to distrust him. Infact, during our transactions is when i decided to turn over the vendor duties to Chris, thats how impressed i was with his verbage and organization. We are all brothers here and we don't steal from family. Trust was never in question Chris.

I like it all, but i agree with Will, the prices should be upped. I also like Marc's comment about carrying over other forum post counts, etc. That should count for something too. If they're cool, there, then chances are very good, they'll be cool here. and vice versa of course.

I like the *prefered status* dealie, but on the flipside (re: maylaisa guy et al) a *noob vendor* status icon should be displayed. Which kinda says, we trust you to your face, but were gonna watch you real close when you turn around. Maybe even cap off new vendor sales at $100 - $300 max or something to that effect.

With a true website, this will work much better......But we also need to factor in advertising. Top page Banners, sperate *sponsored* forums by *xyz* vendor(s), static/rotating smaller banners....etc. This would create a decent revenue for the site. Price structure would have to account for artwork time if the vendor does not have a banner or suitable banner/mini banner, rotation time, static time, (banner/mini banner sizes would be fixed) These are just ideas floating through my head at this instant, so there's much more potential here, as well as motivation on getting a real ****ing website for chriss sakes! muhwahhahaa

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
              I knew i chose the right person for the job I have dealt with Chris on a biznass level and have no reason at all to distrust him. Infact, during our transactions is when i decided to turn over the vendor duties to Chris, thats how impressed i was with his verbage and organization. We are all brothers here and we don't steal from family. Trust was never in question Chris.

I like it all, but i agree with Will, the prices should be upped. I also like Marc's comment about carrying over other forum post counts, etc. That should count for something too. If they're cool, there, then chances are very good, they'll be cool here. and vice versa of course.

I like the *prefered status* dealie, but on the flipside (re: maylaisa guy et al) a *noob vendor* status icon should be displayed. Which kinda says, we trust you to your face, but were gonna watch you real close when you turn around. Maybe even cap off new vendor sales at $100 - $300 max or something to that effect.

With a true website, this will work much better......But we also need to factor in advertising. Top page Banners, sperate *sponsored* forums by *xyz* vendor(s), static/rotating smaller banners....etc. This would create a decent revenue for the site. Price structure would have to account for artwork time if the vendor does not have a banner or suitable banner/mini banner, rotation time, static time, (banner/mini banner sizes would be fixed) These are just ideas floating through my head at this instant, so there's much more potential here, as well as motivation on getting a real ****ing website for chriss sakes! muhwahhahaa
              capping a vendor will be tough to regulate... he will always get PM's and other ppl asking about products on the side...

I have been trying to find something small to order from him and risk the cash to see if hes on the up and up. Nothing too big, but something still large enough to get a feel for his business.

I tried searching for sponsors a while back, but with no luck. There were a few that seemed interested, but once they read into it, they seemed to drop interest.

Yeah chris has always been well organized and very honest. I trust him.
              The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

see the last post in that thread for an update on whats happening

Comment

Working...
                X