I need an FM modulated cd changer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need an FM modulated cd changer

My sister got a new car. 2001 Toyota Prius. Anyway, it doesn't have a cd player and the HU is integrated into the dash. Of course she expects me to find and install a cd player for her. I plan on just using an FM modulated changer. I have mainly been looking at Alpine, Pioneer, and JVC. I know FM modulaters aren't good but its not for me Are any of these companies FM modulaters better than the others? Are there any other brands I should be looking at. The cheaper the better. I was thinking $200 tops.
    02 Protege ES

Not sure if they still make them, but I had a Kenwood FM modulator for my previous car that worked OK. In the end I bought an HU that could interface to it directly, but for the year or so I had it it was OK.
    --JJB--
    '02 Silver Protegé5 - 5sp - no performance mods, no plans for them
    Kenwood Z919 -- Polk Audio speakers
    16" alloys w/ 205/50 Bridgestone RE750 (summer)
    15" steels w/ 195/55 Bridgestone Blizzak LM22 (winter)

Moon roof - wind deflector - variable intermittent wipers - electrochromic mirror w/ temp & compass
    Winter/beater car: 1997 Mercury Mountaineer with 182k on it

Comment

they still make them, lots of them, goto www.crutchfield.com and look at them and decide from there, then let us know which model you like and we can find the best price. companies like alpine, kenwood, pioneer, jvc are all good companies and I doubt one is really better than the other, and you usually get what you pay for.
      '02 classic red p5
      currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

Working...
      X