October 2005 RotM - D323

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

October 2005 RotM - D323

Voting is completed and your ClubProtege Ride of the Month for October 2005 is none other than our Happy Little Post Whore, D323. As with the majority of our past RotM features, Donnie has been around the Mazda community for quite awhile, since back in the ProtegeClub "Glory" days (though, I think I have him beat by a few month's ) Donnie is the only ClubProtege member I have had the pleasure of actually meating in person, and aside from his love of small children, he was a cool guy and drives just as crazy as I do. His 323 was pretty sweet. N-E-Ways, on to the car!

1993 Mazda 323
    My name is Donnie, and I have a problem with post whoring, as most of you know.

Modifications:
    Sprint Springs
    ZX2 struts
    Off the Line Lower Tie Bars
    Ebay upper strut bars
    K&N knock off filter
    RX-7 VAF
    Pacesetter Short shifter
    Bronzeoil Bushings
    99 Miata rims with Potenza rubber
    Espec rear garnish with fogs
    5% limo tint in rear side and hatchback glass
    35% on driver/passenger side windows
    Passenger side mirror
    Leather shift boot
    CB radio w/ magnet mount antenna for roof
    KDLX-1000 Chameleon Deck
    2x 600w Kenwood Subs
    1000w JBL amp
    4x 6.5 Kenwoods (in doors & in back)

About the car:
    My dad bought the car as a daily driver in 1998 from an old lady that was tired of shifting. It had 28,000 miles at the time. When I turned 16 and got my liscense, I began to drive her to school and everywhere I would go. At first I thought that there was little to no way that any sort of power could be achieved from a piddly hatchback such as this. I really enjoyed the handling though and the more I drove the car the more I fell in love with it. Today she has 126,XXX miles, and she still runs strong despite all her little "quirks." Sadly though, she was in a wreck roughly 3 months ago. The front end was damaged, hence the crappy old pics I had to digup. Wont be the end of her though, as I still have plans.

About D323:
    My name is Donnie, and I have a problem with post whoring, as most of you know. I was born and have lived my whole life in Dallas, TX. I go to UNT, and work 6 days a week. I enjoy cars, especially Mazdas. I wam working on my Bachelors in BCIS, and hope to graduate in late 06. Any other questions, feel free to ask me mmkay?

Also worth mentioning, is Donnie's current project, which involves the swapping of a GTX motor into a MX3. Should be a sweet ride when he get's done with that. You can view the informationa nd follow his progress in the following thread:

Congratulation's Donnie!
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Congrats man! Post more pics of your car !!!!!!!
    -------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
    -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Originally posted by Identity_X
      Congrats man! Post more pics of your car !!!!!!!
      He actually sent me a few more, but I forgot to save them. LOL
      2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

congrats

94 Protege LX: HX-35, Megasquit, ect...
        98 Subaru Legacy GT-DD: 1 inch lift, and all the standard N/A stuff.

Comment

lol, thanks. I found my old digi cam with a few more.... just gotta lighten them up with PS at work and post them.
          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Congrats Donnie!

Comment

Way to go dude!

Comment

yeah congrats donnie

lol whats up with everyone giving hte camera the finger, except for the fat william hung

Comment

Originally posted by Chad
                  yeah congrats donnie

lol whats up with everyone giving hte camera the finger, except for the fat william hung
                  lol, the first pic (in the sequence) was taken with us staring at the NSX, and someone made the comment how we all wished we owned an Acura. Being a Mazda meet you can imagine how well that went over. Hence all the birdies.

Marc, did I tell you about that pic or was it Rob?
                  The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                    lol, the first pic (in the sequence) was taken with us staring at the NSX, and someone made the comment how we all wished we owned an Acura. Being a Mazda meet you can imagine how well that went over. Hence all the birdies.

Marc, did I tell you about that pic or was it Rob?
                    Probably you, I don't remember.
                    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

i cant wait to see this mx3!!
                      congrats!!

Comment

Working...
                      X