Astina/Lantis strut brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Astina/Lantis strut brace

Does anyone know if a strut brace from a 95-97 Astina/Lantis will fit the BH Familia? There's a second hand one I'd like to get but not sure if it'll fit. Cheers.
    Andrew
    1996 Mazdaspeed Familia
    My Familia

this lantis?

the mazdaspeed strut bar for the BH also fit this lantis ..

ProtegetechPhilippines Boy MazdaspeeD MyCaR

Comment

Yap, that Lantis. Oh cool, thanks guys. Sorry, I must have overlooked it when reading the FAQ. That Lantis looks mint as as well! This is the strut brace I'm looking at.

Lantis Strut brace
      Last edited by 96Familia; 10-07-2005, 11:56 PM.
      Andrew
      1996 Mazdaspeed Familia
      My Familia

Comment

yes, that'll fit but it needs a piece welded on to the short side of the bracket cos we have a bolt hole further round......

i have the same bar

here are the alterations you have to make....20 min job!

if you want a bigger image just say.

ps: the price is getting up on that auction. go to your local junkyard and get one!!!
        Last edited by Stefan; 10-09-2005, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan
          yes, that'll fit but it needs a piece welded on to the short side of the bracket cos we have a bolt hole further round......

i have the same bar

here are the alterations you have to make....20 min job!

if you want a bigger image just say.

ps: the price is getting up on that auction. go to your local junkyard and get one!!!
          Hey Stefan! How much do you think I should pay for the strut then? This guy has relisted this strut for 5 weeks now. And as soon as I bid $55 he lowered the reserve, maybe $56 reserve? + $8.50 postage. Cheers.
          Andrew
          1996 Mazdaspeed Familia
          My Familia

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
            I don't know what you mean, please explain
            the brace isn't a straight bolt on for the 2nd gen. it fits sure but the bottom hole on the brace (closest to the front of the car) is about a inch or two short (closer to the center of the engine bay) of where it needs to be. you should be able to see the extra piece that has been welded on for the new hole?

---------------------------------------
            i paid $54 + GST from mazline here in chc so i wouldn't be going much higher. if you can get it to aucks for $65 i guess it'll save you the trouble of looking around but i bet you can get it cheaper locally from a pickapart or something.
            if you were wondering, it surely isn't a mazdaspeed strut brace anyway.
            Last edited by Stefan; 10-09-2005, 05:03 PM.

Comment

try this one.....

the white dot is the original hole....why it's different than the lantis i have no idea - maybe the difference is between the BA astina and the lantis?

Comment

Yeah, I had no doubt that it wasn't a Mazdaspeed strut. Perhaps I should go looking for an original Mazdaspeed strut. Sort of trying to get that authentic Mazdaspeed look anyway, with my Mazdaspeed bodykit.
                Andrew
                1996 Mazdaspeed Familia
                My Familia

Comment

i guess if that's what you want - you can buy them from your mazda stealership for between $200 and $300. personally, it's not worth it. even the ms one is only a 2 point bar which is no better than the lantis bar or any other 2 point bar for that matter just go with the ms sticker

Comment

$200-$300? Holy hell! Perhaps $65 for the Lantis strut would be a sufficient haha. Actually, the whole reason I'd get the strut is because I think they look cool lol. If I do get it and I run into trouble, mind if I pm you with questions? Cheers!
                    Andrew
                    1996 Mazdaspeed Familia
                    My Familia

Comment

Originally posted by 96Familia
                      $200-$300? Holy hell! Perhaps $65 for the Lantis strut would be a sufficient haha. Actually, the whole reason I'd get the strut is because I think they look cool lol. If I do get it and I run into trouble, mind if I pm you with questions? Cheers!
                      sure thing...fire away!

Comment

hmmm..there IS an additional hole on the MS strut bar
                        ProtegetechPhilippines Boy MazdaspeeD MyCaR

Comment

additional hole? you talking to me?

i was referring to the fact that the bar goes from one strut to the other - 2 points - as opposed to a triangle bar that fixes to the firewall also - 3 points.....

Comment

Oh, that's cool. Someone has outbid me on the auction for that Lantis Strut bar. $60 reserve not met. I think the seller may be asking a bit much, seeing as Stefan got his for $54 + GST. I'll ask Mazspare in Avondale, Auckland whether they got any strut braces for around $50. Still making enquiries about OEM rain visors and turbo scoops ^_^
                            Andrew
                            1996 Mazdaspeed Familia
                            My Familia

Comment

i've not seen or heard of it being done yet. trouble is we aren't in contact with 95% or people who modify mazdas here, they are hugely popular. from time to time you see cars for sale with some really cool **** done that we hadn't thought about!

the parcel tray helps a bit in my sedan - but i can see myself welding a bar between the reinforced plates at the top of the strut towers eventually - just saves having to cut my car up.
                              Last edited by Stefan; 10-10-2005, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X