New setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New setup

A friend of mine just gave me a set of Orion 10's in an Orion 4th order Bandpass box. Ive done some reading and found the subs to be the 400watt ones. All I know is cobalt series. I havent been able to open the box yet and actually get a look becuase it uses square screws(dam them). Opinions?

Does anyone think this is gonna be an upgrade from my current fosgate punch stage one in a ported box. The current thing hits nice and low.

All im concerned about is sq.

Stepping from a P1 Rockford, anything is an improvement. Although, I can only assume Orion's Cobalt series is very close in the P1's quality and output. In your case, however, it all depends the box design and what it's tuned to. The lower your box is tuned, the overall flatter response you're going to have. And those factors are as unique as they could be, I wouldn't know where to begin to draw any comparison with the information you've given. It's not specific enough.
    Kevin

Comment

if you are concerned with SQ, a store bought bandpass will suck balls.

Comment

Im gonna run them next to each other if it ever stops raining here, it wont its like a biblical flood. Which ever hits lower Ill keep, if the fosgate wins Ill go do some experimentations on the new subs.

Im thinking of playing with an isobarric ported enclosure. So I can finally reclame some of my trunk space.

Comment

isobaric is worthless, IMHO. you need twice the power and double the subs to only save half the space. if you only want the output of one sub, just build an enclosure for one sub. that will be about half of what you are working with now either a single sub or isobaric would have about a 6 dB drop over what you are currently running.

Comment

Working...
          X