air vents not working proparly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

air vents not working proparly

my air and defroster vents in the front are having some problems... i cannot put the power out put up to 4 .. 3 works but when i move up to 4 it shuts off and the defrosters only work when the car is moving and increases the faster the car goes... is there anything i can do or do i need to take it in to get it fixed cause when the freeze hits it will be difficult to get the windows defrosted
    In the Garage
    Black 93 MX-3 GS
    Bp powered
    GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
    MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Let's see. Does setting it to three give enough airflow to do the job? Secondly, do you know what a resistor block is? It regulates the voltage at different fan settings to give you the various fan speeds. That might be faulty. Go to your dealer and have them print off a schematic or layout diagram to show you where this part is. If it is Faulty you should be able to find a suitable replacement at a local scrap yard.
    95 LX goin turbo!!

Bouah ha ha ha ha!

Comment

cool thanks
      In the Garage
      Black 93 MX-3 GS
      Bp powered
      GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
      MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

No prob... The domestics as well as imports all use the same basic design for fan speed control. Be careful if you go to the dealer. Make sure you have your VIN written down for them to reference the right part. I recommend a wrecking yard before the dealer because the W/Y will charge you about 10 bucks whereas the dealer could easily soak you for a hundred. No joke! I wanted to order a set of Miata rims as an aftermarket item and the guy quoted me $2500 EACH!!! F@#king ripoff artists!
        95 LX goin turbo!!

Bouah ha ha ha ha!

Comment

Originally posted by warrenj27
          Let's see. Does setting it to three give enough airflow to do the job? Secondly, do you know what a resistor block is? It regulates the voltage at different fan settings to give you the various fan speeds. That might be faulty. Go to your dealer and have them print off a schematic or layout diagram to show you where this part is. If it is Faulty you should be able to find a suitable replacement at a local scrap yard.
          Haha, that's probably what was wrong with my dad's Datsun 510 (11 years ago) ... good to know :p:
          2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Working...
          X