A/C woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/C woes

Well, my A/C compressor is blown again. I won't go into all the details, but let's just say that I'm over using the Four Seasons rebuilds. I've got a line on a brand new Mazda Panasonic compressor, but according to my source it's for SOHC. The part number is BR70-61-450A. The DOHC is BR74-61-450A. My question is this: has anyone ever successfully swapped the compressor from SOHC to DOHC, or even vice-versa? Is there a mounting issue? My compressor looks exactly like this one as far as I can tell, but I don't have it removed, nor do I have the other compressor, so who knows.
    Scott
    '94 Protege LX - gone, but not forgotten
    '96 Volvo 854T Platinum Limited Edition
    '98 Volvo V70 T5
    '03 Mazda MPV GFX

hard to say. Got the link for that compressor?

Mine is making a weird ticking noise like it is about to go out.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

the weird clicking is most likely just a lack of freon, so the a/c clutch cycles making a clicking, get a recharge and it shouldnt do that anymore, as far as the dohc to sohc I dont think there is a difference.
      94' Mazda Protege'... trying to return it to former glory.

aim: zep867

Comment

Yup, I agree ... that's what happened to my last compressor because it had a slow leak.

As far as the differences go, I still don't know for sure. Once I get the new compressor I'll post up the info. I do know that the main body of the compressor is the same, but there may be a slightly different pulley offset. If that's the case I'll just have the clutch swapped over from my old one. Stay tuned.
        Scott
        '94 Protege LX - gone, but not forgotten
        '96 Volvo 854T Platinum Limited Edition
        '98 Volvo V70 T5
        '03 Mazda MPV GFX

Comment

Working...
        X