Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tires with good wet traction

like the title says

The falken azenis's are awsome.......when its dry! but it rains here alot in the fall so I need an opinion or two

Thanks in advance
    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

I know my bald ass junkyarders are way better than the azenis in the rain.

I was thinking about trying out the newer Goodyear Assurance triple tired.

But I don't for sure ether.

94 Protege LX: HX-35, Megasquit, ect...
    98 Subaru Legacy GT-DD: 1 inch lift, and all the standard N/A stuff.

Comment

I find the Yokohama AVS ES 100's to be really superior in the rain but they're a summer-only tire so probably not a good choice for Baltimore in the winter.
      02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
      MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
      MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
      Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
      MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
      Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
      Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
      Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
      Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
      Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
      Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
      Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
      Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

The Kumho Ecsta Supra 712 was suprisingly good in the deep wet. I have autoxed with them a few times in down pours and they did really well.

Comment

Falken ZE-512s have been good for me, really depend more on your driving and how deep you get into the throttle, but relatively speaking, I noticed my ZE-512s do pretty well in the wet.

Comment

Thanks again for the opinions, I have looked at the options, and i think im might just go buy a truck for the winter. I've really started to get the 323 rolling good and im afraid of some Tard with bald tires sliding into me.

But if I stick with the 323 I was thinking of using These

Anyone have expirence with them?
            -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.

Comment

Originally posted by MD323
              Thanks again for the opinions, I have looked at the options, and i think im might just go buy a truck for the winter. I've really started to get the 323 rolling good and im afraid of some Tard with bald tires sliding into me.

But if I stick with the 323 I was thinking of using These

Anyone have expirence with them?
              Those are the ones I just mentioned in my previous post.

Comment

Originally posted by 95ProLeila
                Those are the ones I just mentioned in my previous post.

whooops

Thanks for the info
                -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

those are what i have on my mx3's gunmetal rims (which i'm selling btw lol).

they are damn good in the wet/dry/snow...i've been using the ZIEX's for over 2 years on a couple diff sets of rims, no problems & decent wet/dry grip
                  93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                  02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                  05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Originally posted by goldstar
                    I find the Yokohama AVS ES 100's to be really superior in the rain but they're a summer-only tire so probably not a good choice for Baltimore in the winter.
                    The ES 100's suck balls in the even slightly cold weather. I put them on towards the end of last winter and they had terrible handling until you really took the time to warm them up. Tread life isn't very impressive either.

With that being said, I have a set of the Falkens sitting in my closet right now. I look forward to driving on them during this winter once my new suspension arrives.

Comment

dude whats with the back end on your car, the fenders over the tire.. were u just on a hell or is it messed up like that, from that pic it also looks like you have bigger rims / tires on the front of your car then on the back, wtf

i really hope thats just the picture
                      Last edited by Vash00es; 10-23-2005, 05:24 PM.
                      Joe H
                      2000 Chevy Impala
                      3400 3.4 Liter V6
                      Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
                      U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
                      Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

Originally posted by Vash00es
                        dude whats with the back end on your car, the fenders over the tire.. were u just on a hell or is it messed up like that, from that pic it also looks like you have bigger rims / tires on the front of your car then on the back, wtf

i really hope thats just the picture
                        They are coilovers.

On a side note, I started laughing when I saw in my User CP that you posted in a thread about tires with good wet traction. Figured you would have quite the nugget of wisdom to share.

Comment

lol
                          Joe H
                          2000 Chevy Impala
                          3400 3.4 Liter V6
                          Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
                          U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
                          Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

well, this is a bit of a resurrection of an old post, but I figured I'd share a bit.

Using new to middle-worn Azenis (RT215) I got better rain traction on lapping days at BlackHawk Farms than I did with Kuhmo Supra Ecsta 712's at Gingerman and an autocross.

Personally, I really don't like the Kuhmo's much, except as a regular daily driving highway tire, but not really for performance.

I tried some Avon Tech M500's towards the end of this summer, and they were VERY good in the rain, better than anything else I've tried.

--sarge

Comment

Working...
                            X