Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW! A Mazda 323 loooking concept car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW! A Mazda 323 loooking concept car...

I am serious.

Its called a Mazda Sassou.

Has anyone else seen this?

moved to appropriate section

Wow, that thing is pissed off looking.
    I like it, but it reminds me of the CX-7 or a Murano....

Originally posted by the site
    Mazda’s Sassou concept is a futuristic look at what their next B-class (like their current Mazda2) will be like. The Mazda Sassou’s exterior continues to evolve the design language of Mazda’s current line up. Also, the Sassou is fitted with special reactive lighting that gives the impression that the car is ‘alive.’ For instance, the front and rear of the car are fitted with special lights that react when the car is unlocked. Mazda has also envisioned the use of a USB memory stick as a security key for the Sassou. Theoretically, this USB key could be used to store individualized settings, music for upload in the car’s on board hard drive, and even destinations for the navigation system. The Sassou is also equipped with an adaptable rear seat. The rear seat can be reconfigured with a compressed air system to change its shape to support 1 or 2 rear passengers. In the 1 passenger setting, the rear seat becomes a roomy thrown for one lucky occupant. The concept is also fitted with a dual clutch sequentially shifted manual transmission.

Obviously many of the elements in this Sassou will find their way into the next generation Mazda2. The Mazda2 design was just recently refreshed, being on display at Frankfurt as well, so it may be a while before a Sassou-inspired production concept is shown to the public. Still, the Sassou has the technological edge that may find its way into the hearts of the next generation of car buyers. Personally, I can’t wait to see a Mazda with a dual clutch transmission.
    USB key? Thats pimp right there. I want one now.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Is it just me or is Mazda going too out of the way to create a 3 door hatch when they could relatively easily make the Mazda 3 a 3 door?

The Mazda 2 is a 4 door hatch MPV style hatch, it's like a smaller Mazda 5 with regular rear doors, so I think that AutoBlog just made up that crap that the Mazda 2 will use cues from the Sassou. Furthermore the Mazda 2 was just redesigned completely as of 2004 and won't see a major redesign for a few years to come, and it surely won't change from a practical taller 4 door hatch to a 3 door sporty hatch.

CX-7 should be pretty damn cool. I'm still waiting for the MazdaSpeed 6 to make it to my dealership!

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
      On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
      My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X