Colder thermostat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colder thermostat?

What temperature thermostat does the pro come with stock? Anyone run a cooler one? like a 180 degree? If so what is the part number, i couldnt find one at my parts store.
    Eat ****.

The single stage thermostat opens at 94-98 degrees celsius, IIRC.

If you can, try finding the two stage thermo. If you go to the parts store, tell him it's for a '90 323 GTX 4WD. If he asks which engine, just tell him to pull the part for both so you can look at it. Though, it should be for both the SOHC and DOHC. It'll definitely be under the Turbo model.
    The two stage thermostat regulates the coolant temprature hella better.
    If you still need a cooler one, it'll be up to you to find one that fits.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by zenilder; 09-03-2003, 05:06 PM.
    Bryan
    MOCC MEMBER

-"Mean people rule."

Originally posted by midnightblue97
    Thought the oil pump was run off the timing belt??

Comment

I used to run a 160F in my BPT, kept temps hovering around 180 most of the time. There isn't a need for it unless you are running into problems with overheating.
      -Braden
      '05 WRX

GTX Groupbuy is Closed! However you can still pick up a GTX motor for only $925!!! PM me for order details!

Comment

Originally posted by zenilder
        The single stage thermostat opens at 94-98 degrees celsius, IIRC.

If you can, try finding the two stage thermo. If you go to the parts store, tell him it's for a '90 323 GTX 4WD. If he asks which engine, just tell him to pull the part for both so you can look at it. Though, it should be for both the SOHC and DOHC. It'll definitely be under the Turbo model.
        The two stage thermostat regulates the coolant temprature hella better.
        If you still need a cooler one, it'll be up to you to find one that fits.

Hope this helps.
        Any other places to get a 2 stage thermostat? :D Did you mean for the 89GTX?
        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Actually, the year of GTX I read the info about is a '92. I'm assuming that the two-stage should be in all the GTX from '90. I really can't say for the 89 or older.
          As for another two-stage from another car that -would fit-, I'd have to spend a day at Autozone.

EDIT: should also be in the GTR 90-92.
          Bryan
          MOCC MEMBER

-"Mean people rule."

Originally posted by midnightblue97
          Thought the oil pump was run off the timing belt??

Comment

Originally posted by zenilder
            Actually, the year of GTX I read the info about is a '92. I'm assuming that the two-stage should be in all the GTX from '90. I really can't say for the 89 or older.
            As for another two-stage from another car that -would fit-, I'd have to spend a day at Autozone.

EDIT: should also be in the GTR 90-92.

Autozone carries parts for the gtr? in the states?

Comment

That's why I said 89, I didn't think autozone would know about the GTX or GTR....

Comment

A US store having parts for cars only overseas? errrrr....
                My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
                - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

Actually I was looking for a colder than stock thermostat, too. And yes, I do have my reasons why. But do you have the part # for the stock one?

Comment

haha. there are part #s in the FAQ. duhhhhhhh

EDIT: Which don't seem to work when I put them in Mazda Motorsports.

Comment

Working...
                    X