This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALOT of saturday night racing!

Well i just got home from some fun racing, i decided to share it with everyone. I tuned earlier this morning for somwhat of a decent street tune, and turned the boost down to 8 psi.Night started off kinda slow, we went to a meet spot and left. Then we were driving down a long road, right next to a gsx-r and he is showin off, so i throw some revs and he gets ready for the run. Were going about 35, i'm in 2nd gear i mash the gas and were off. I have him through 2nd gear, shift into 3rd and he is at my rear fender, shift into 4th and he is gone, it was awesome though. We catch a light and he says "man, i would of never guessed that was turbo, its a sleeper, i love it!" After that we head out to a chill spot and decide to go to race spot. On the way there, this rx-8 is close behind and he wants to play, so we play with him through very little traffic, until finally we get to an open "track". We line up at about 40mph, 3 honks and were off, or atleast i am. We left him sitting still and put cornfields on him. We raced 2 more times with the same results. We pull over and shoot the ****, and he is amazed and thats that. We get to the spot and theres this turbo integra and i go to see if he wants to run, but he just got done fully building his motor and doesnt wanna risk it, but he said he'll race me in a month or 2. So he tells me his buddy will race me. It was a 1st gen eclipse gst running 14psi of boost, etc. We do a 35 roll, 3 honks were off. 2nd gear i pulled half a car on him, 3rd gear i was gone and put 2 or 3 cars between us. From there i was headin back to a gas station and a 600 bike comes up to me and taunts me. I couldnt turn it down so i dropped it in 3rd at like 50mph, paused a second so he knew what was up, and mashed it. I had him through 3rd, had him through 4th, shifted into 5th and let off & he was at my front fender, so i was out a tiny bit. Pull into the gas station, try to get a wrx & an audi s4 to race, but they wouldnt. So we called it a night and the bp represented hard. Its crazy cuz its only on 8psi on a street tune, 14-18psi in a few weeks, stay tuned. []Deace

P.S-I raced from a roll alot because my stock exedy clutch is slipping, i have a 6puck act clutch from a probe gt 2.5 v6 coming. Once i get that i will do alot more dig racing. And I dont care if you guys dont believe me about the bikes, i have many ppl who were there and will vouch for me. []Deace

Need Vehicle Graphics, Decals, Headlight/Tail light tint? Visit http://www.graphxsigns.net or PM me!

nice runs man ... any idea what the car is putting down at 8 psi? Do you get wheelspin in 2nd/3rd when you mash on it?

Comment

umm, as far as numbers go, right now at like 8 psi we should be at about 240whp, BUT the weird thing is that i dont get wheel spin when i mash it like alot of ppl here do, i think its because i have a bigger turbo and its efficiency is well into the powerband, rather than a vj20 who spools up so quickly. I personally think that i should be spinning tires like crazy, but if i'm not, its not really a bad thing. There could be alot of factors contributing to it, like a slipping clutch, which i think is probably why i dont spin tires since i may not be puttin all power down to the ground.

Need Vehicle Graphics, Decals, Headlight/Tail light tint? Visit http://www.graphxsigns.net or PM me!

Comment

what tires are you using?

Comment

kuhmo ecsta supra 205/40/17

Comment

nice kills......I'd like to see how you fare against that GSX from a dig.....

Cool to see the BP kickin alot of ass!!
            Eat ****.

Comment

congrats on the runs d00d.
              The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by b-potent
                umm, as far as numbers go, right now at like 8 psi we should be at about 240whp, BUT the weird thing is that i dont get wheel spin when i mash it like alot of ppl here do, i think its because i have a bigger turbo and its efficiency is well into the powerband, rather than a vj20 who spools up so quickly. I personally think that i should be spinning tires like crazy, but if i'm not, its not really a bad thing. There could be alot of factors contributing to it, like a slipping clutch, which i think is probably why i dont spin tires since i may not be puttin all power down to the ground.

I also depends on intercooler piping size/type of intercooler, how soft/hard your suspension is, how soft your tire sidewalls are, motor mounts, etc etc.

In my books, the less wheelspin the more manageable the car is.

Comment

Always nice to hear another MX-3 whooping up the rice. Last time I went out I get to the end of first at 35 do the BOV and it is over with most cars. For some reason the best races I have had are with Hot girls in older supercharged BMW's.

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
                  Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

the only thing that bikes have going for them is there size... on the freeway given there size is still an advantage, but it is much less because they are not launching from a stop (where it would leave a car behind) my buddy with stock sti (lowered, wheels, tint whatnot) beat a bike (not sure of size) on the freeway up to 150 at about 145 the bike that was about a car length back stopped. and stis are good for what mid low 13s? i think its pretty easy to get a gtx (1.8 turbo usdm or jdm) to keep up the an evo/ sti/ some bikes on the freeway its the whole getting the front wheel drive train to get a 2800lbs car moving and down the track thing that kills our qt mi times.
                    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

also what do you have done to be worth 240 hp? possibly crank hp but i dont see 8psi (tires not breaking loose) as 240 hp... im at about 9 psi right now and as soon as the turbo spools my tires are broken loose in 1st and i can keep them going through ALL of second. i could see your clutch being an issue but if its that big of an issue how could you tell you have approx 240 hp?
                      There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

At 14 psi I would break my tires loose in 2nd by punching it. First was a non-issue. At 10-12 psi they don't break loose in 2nd when I punch it.

I don't think I'm seeing more than ~200whp at 14 psi. However, tires breaking loose depend on many things.

Comment

I am only at 7psi on my vj-20, 150 whp and 140 tourqe. I find it hard to be at 240whp with any turbo at 8psi, just doesnt seem to be right.
                          BP-05 Turbo-Sold
                          2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

on a t3 man, do the math at how much more cfm i'd flow than you at 8psi compared to your vj20. I am not gonna waste time trying to explain myself, i have a hefty amount of mods to my car that speak for themselves. In a few weeks, after i install my 6puck, i will post dyno numbers. To me, it seems like everyone just wants to make 200whp on a vj-20 and call it a day. Wow, my tires dont break loose, so i'm not making power?hmmmm, but yet i beat a 600cc bike from a 45mph roll, fully modded & tuned dsm, swapped eg hatches? I wont post much anymore until i get a dyno. []Deace

Comment

That would be cool - would love to see a dyno run. Im not saying I dont believe you ... I think there are many variables to consider when determining the output of an engine. I would however venture that at 8 psi on a t3 you're putting down ~170-180whp and I don't say that with any disrespect.

Comment

Working...
                              X