kill/death to a dsm!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kill/death to a dsm!

Well last night me and a friend met up and he has an eclipse gst, the 2nd gen. He has a evo 16g turbo, full exhaust, hardpipes, dsm link management, frount mount, etc. We line up and do 2 races. First race he is on low boost which is 12 psi and i'm on my 8psi untuned, and he just got dyno tuned that day. We line up at 35, honk 3 times and were gone. I jump out about half a car then shift to third and i'm out a car. He gains some ground, but then i put more distance between us, but i shut it down at about 110 at which point i had about a car on him. Next race he was on 20psi which is his high boost. 3 honks were off and were even through 2nd, shift to 3rd and he pulls out a fender and then i shut it down at about 110 because i was running lean, i could smell it. At the end of the race i was at his rear fender, but it was still a good race for what i have done. Luckily my clutch didnt slip, but who knows what power its puttin down to the ground. Anyway it was a good race, and we will do it again. []Deace

Need Vehicle Graphics, Decals, Headlight/Tail light tint? Visit http://www.graphxsigns.net or PM me!

You could smell running lean??

Comment

yeah, its hard to explain. but once u smell it you wont forget the scent.
      My Toys =D

Comment

Lol
        1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

lol, good runs.
          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by ScOrTGtC

WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by ScOrTGtC
              kinda like when yer young an get that first smell of stank puss. U wont forget the scent.
              DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by 92dx
                kinda like when yer young an get that first smell of stank puss. U wont forget the scent.
                Not quite the same as a blown motor..... hmmm
                **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
                95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

well i mean its hard to explain, it sorta smells like your hand after you hold a bunch of pennies. Anyway i'm tired of this freaking narrowband air/fuel gauge, it works when it wants to, time to go to the dyno soon.

Need Vehicle Graphics, Decals, Headlight/Tail light tint? Visit http://www.graphxsigns.net or PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by b-potent
                    well i mean its hard to explain, it sorta smells like your hand after you hold a bunch of pennies.
                    uh oh. lol

Comment

DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by b-potent
                        well i mean its hard to explain, it sorta smells like your hand after you hold a bunch of pennies. Anyway i'm tired of this freaking narrowband air/fuel gauge, it works when it wants to, time to go to the dyno soon.

Seriously man ... why isn't everyone tuning with their noses then?

Comment

haha, very funny. Theres just little tricks you lean when you've been around cars for awhile. Iuno, i think i'm just over cautious.

Comment

Working...
                          X