Why do the Canadians get chrome?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do the Canadians get chrome?!

You know, I've noticed that the Canadians get the chrome bar on the trunk and on the top of the grille. My black Pro would look absolutely awesome with that on it! I live in northwestern North Dakota, so it wouldn't be a big deal to go up there to get the parts to put on mine. Anyone know of any places in southern Saskatchewan where I could get those pieces? Either that, or is there a place I can order them?
    2003 Protege LX 5-speed

I think Negatize got the chrome bar added onto his Pro, but I can't recall where he got the part from.

Comment

Oh...here's his thread:

Comment

i have a 2001 silver pro... no chrome on my car...

Take the extra drive to Edmonton or at least Calgary if you want some nice shops.. there's an Edmonton Protege Club.. they could help you on there, i'm sure.
        and if you come into canada, get it installed here, or just toss it in your trunk.. it's not a big deal...

just do it soon, our dollars are getting closer and closer by the day

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
        RB springs
        Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
        MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

hmmmm im in louisiana, farthest away from canada i have a 2001 lx 2.0 and my grille has chrome bar on top of it

Comment

He's talking about the chrome bar on the trunk. None of the proteges had the chrome bar on the trunk in 2001.
            Last edited by pro_fan; 10-25-2003, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I got the chrome bar from SedanMan on the forum. Canadians get some stuff we don't get...like smoked headlights on the Protege5's. However we get side-air bags and they dont!
              Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

I had those chrome pieces on my car and I hated them, I had them painted like a month ago, the car looks sooooo much nicer.

Comment

we don't get chrome anymore.. that was a 2001 thing, they changed everything to the black bar thing on the grill

Comment

Originally posted by pro_fan
                    He's talking about the chrome bar on the trunk. None of the proteges had the chrome bar on the trunk in 2001.

Comment

Actually, I've seen a 2001 with a chrome bar at the top of the grille, and I thought that would look awesome on my car too.
                      Last edited by Breiland; 10-26-2003, 02:25 PM.
                      2003 Protege LX 5-speed

Comment

i think the chrome add-on is for 02-03 protos... i saw 2 of them, last night, with the same chrome as negatize... and it was obviously a stock part...

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
                        RB springs
                        Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
                        MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

I have the chrome bar on my grille, and I'd much rather have the black one. I'm thinking about painting it one of these days.
                          -Chris
                          '02 Black Mica LX

Comment

Here's a new pic of it...I think it looks quite nice.
                            Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Working...
                            X