Alternator Trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternator Trouble

Hey guys lately Iv been having a problem with the charging dummy light. At first I was hoping it was my battery but did a charging system and battery test today. The battery is fine. The alternator is not. Its running too low. I personally think its because I overloaded it when I blew my subs and amp a few weeks ago. The alternator is still strong enough to run everything but just at the needs charging point limit. Since I dont have money to replace the alternator at the moment Im going drive on the bad alternator until I do. Even though I believe I was the cause of the failure I was wondering if anyone else has had similar problems with thiers.
    94' Mazda Protege'... trying to return it to former glory.

aim: zep867

you can rebuild it yourself, just needs a cleaning and the contacts lightly sanded on the inside, it been awhile since i did mine to perfection but it did fix my problem, you can also get someone else to test and or rebuild it for you, its alot cheaper then a new one

best of luck
    No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

I have a used altenrator in great condition for sale.

PM me if you are interested.
      93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
      02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
      05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

I might be interested if I had any money. Broke as all hell right now. Just as I have been for several months.

Comment

i got one if u want
          50$ CDN

Comment

maybe..... The alternator is most likely a bad diode. Im gunna pull it apart and try it fix it myself but if I **** somethin up u'll probably hear from me. lol

Comment

its worth a shot!
              Tag Team

Comment

Working...
              X