Does this matter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this matter?

Hey guys i just wanted to make sure this was ok, i have a speaker box right where my back window is (so pretty much ontop of the speakers in the rear) now its got 2 6inch speakers in it and they are facing my rear window and pretty close to it as well, now im a noob when it coems too systems and all that but there's not a prob with it being so close to the window, im mean its not gonna break cuase my system isint that greta but is it possible? probably a dumb question but just wanting to know

It's unlikely that the window is going to break.

Are those mini-subs or what? Why do you have them facing the window? Turn them around.

Comment

glass shatters at a specific frequency. Much higher than any normal sub is capable of producing.

As far as shattering from hitting it, thats a no... subs *hit* but not that hard, and glass is a bit more resillent than that.

I guess anything is possible though.
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Why not just mount the speakers in the rear deck where they are supposed to be? Or are they subs? If you must keep them back there, make sure they are secure, cause if you have to slam on the brakes and someone is in the back seat.......

Me VBGarage HERE

"90% of young people that get into car accidents say "OH ****". The other 10% are from Wisconsin and say "Hold my beer and watch this!".

Comment

well its a speaker box that is very similiar to this on in the picture

now it was in the trunk but with both my back speakers being messed up it sounded like crap cause all you heard was the front door speakers and the thump of the bass in the trunk, so i decided to put it better so not wanting to obstract my rear view i put it in the postion that would make it fit with a good rear view i laid it flat with the speakers pointed upward (towards the rear window) if that makes sense.
          Attached Files

Comment

glass itself is extremely strong. glass generally breaks in SPL comp vehicles due to the rubber seal failing and causing extreme pressure in one spot, which shatters the glass.

Comment

ok cool so it's not really a problem is it? i was just wondering cause i thought about it but didint know

Comment

You can probably get much better sound than that, but it shouldn't hurt anything.

Comment

Working...
                X