So you think you know about a GTX/GTR swap? All the info you need inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you think you know about a GTX/GTR swap? All the info you need inside

Im writing this thread because all the info(for my BPT swap) i gathered from these forums ended up straight wrong or off base. If you are looking to do a BPT swap here is a no bull**** list of what you WILL have to do and will have to get. I know some of you already know this but i got hit in the balls with alot of surprises during my swap. Mainly the rumor that a F series tranny would work on a BP-T and that the axles were the same and so on.

If you own a BG Hatch
    :
    -BPT motor, with intercooler and pipes (unless you make your own)
    -BPT ecu
    -BPT wire harness
    -BPT Vaf

-Normal BP flywheel from a 1st gen 1.8 DOHC protege
    -NEW Clutch! Dont be cheap!!! AND RESURFACE THAT DAMN FLYWHEEL (model )
    -A tranny from a 1.8 DOHC 1g Protege(also known as G series tranny)
    -Top tranny mount off G tranny
    -front tranny mount off G tranny
    -the back tranny mount too, you can get away with out it but why not.
    -Both Right and left complete axles, including the intermediate shaft.

IF YOU HAVE A 1.8L SOHC PROTEGE
    You will need to do the same things a the BG Hatch

IF YOU HAVE A 1.8L DOHC PROTEGE
    all info is the same, but you will not need a G tranny, mounts, axles, or flywheel.

WIRE HARNESS INFO
    IF you get a right hand drive harness: it will need to be extended about 3 feet and rewrapped. That way it will be nice and pretty under the hood and fit the way it is suppose too! A RHD harness also requires the joint connector plugs under the ECU to be repinned.More info on that later.

If you get a left hand drive harness: It is plug and play, no extending and no repining!

NOT COMPLETE I WILL FINISH WITH MORE INFO LATER STAY TUNED

How can you tell if you have a RHD or LHD harness if you have nothing to compare it to and havent tried putting it in yet? Im just trying to be prepared, for when its my time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
      How can you tell if you have a RHD or LHD harness if you have nothing to compare it to and havent tried putting it in yet? Im just trying to be prepared, for when its my time.
      Take yours out. Compare to the one you bought. Now you know if its RHD or LHD.
      BP-05 Turbo-Sold
      2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

Working...
      X