Big Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Brakes

Does anyone know of any Big brake conversion or upgrades. or maybe an upgrade for a different mazda that would fit the protege
    Assumption is the mother of all fcukups

Check out that thread, and contact reddragonmazda. He offers them up, and is located in barbados as well!

Comment

What about calipers. Has anyone tried any matching up to improve brakes performace in anyway?? Does having drilled rotors improve braking that much??

Comment

Comment

i have the 1.5 calipers and rotors on my car currently...i have had the rear disk and calipers ofr about 2 years now...but i have not put them on because i need the e-brake cable and the bracket to mount the caliper. my front disk are uneven and also warped beyond safety. and to add to it i have my Z5 turbo charged with a BP sittin in my garage just waiting to be dropped in. so as u can see i reall need the brake upgrade.

i was thinkin that i can get a larger disk e.g the 1.8(or possibly larger if i can find one) and use an aftermarket caliper such as a 4pot wilwood to make a great upgrade combination

Comment

from what car did you get the rear disc setup from?

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
            Mods:
            DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
            http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

they are from the miata

Comment

Do the Wilwood deal instead.

Comment

that's easy for u to say...would love to see u dish out the cash.......like money grows on trees.
                  I decided to get some wilwood 4 pot calipers and attain some 11 inch rotors and do a custom setup.will includ pics and what ever else as soon as i can...only got the calipers so far...still gotta get some rotors..and build the caliper bracket adapter

Comment

Working...
                  X