New System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New System

Well I just saw the car audio section so I figured I make a post. Ill have pictures soon cause Im sure youll all want to see it .

Equipment:
    Headunit: Alpine CDA-9855
    Front Speakers: Diamond Audio D6 Componets
    Rear Speakers: Diamon Audio D3 Coaxials
    Interior Amp: Diamond Audio D3 400:4
    Sub Amp: Diamond Audio D3 600:1
    Sub: Diamond Audio D3 dual 2Ohm 12"
    Box: Diamond Audio

Wiring:
    Stinger pro batt mulit output terminals (1 4gauge and 2 8gauge outputs positive and negitve)
    Stinger HPM 8 gauge to starter and to alternator
    Stinger 8 gauge grounds (2) and 1 sitnger 4 gauge ground
    Stinger HPM 4 gauge out for power
    Stinger HPM ANL fuse holder with 150 amp fuse
    Stinger 1 Farad HPM Chrome cap
    2 Stinger Probatt ring teminals with 4 gauge wire on both sides
    Grounds from cap go to Stinger dual foot grounds
    Stinger Distro block with another 4 gauge ground
    8 gauge to interior amp
    4 gauge to sub amp
    12 gauge Stinger pro speaker wire
    Stinger terminals used on EVERYTHING there is no bare connection

Now before you ask yes I am nuts. Im extreamly picky when it comes to wiring and I like stinger ALOT so all in all I spent about 500 dollars on wire and connections. It was hard as hell to figure out exactly how manny of what kind of teminals I needed. As far as all the Diamond stuff goes I like it and I got it for a decent price so thats why its all diamond. The car should be around 140 is Db and has perfect sepration and imiging. Its not just a lot of bass the interiors are very well balanced. Honestly I know theres some smaller stuff im forgetting but thats about all of it. The reason I have so much is because my friend has a way crazier system and I kinda try to keep up but Itll never happen. And to think not only is this my first system I always tried to keep the cost down and not go crazy. WOOPS

Sean

first off, nice choice in diamond equipment. i've always liked their equipment. great stuff at good prices.

$500 for the wiring? that's a bit steep. sounds like you paid retail for the stinger equipment. i think my wiring came in around $300, and that was with 1/0 cable for the primary cable. course i went with scosche under the hood because they had the battery terminal i wanted (2: 1/0, 1: 4 guage, and 1: 8 guage outputs), so that saved some money for me. but needless to say, i'm a huge fan of overkill for wiring but i use knukonceptz for the wire itself because they have the highest strand count and lowest price for tinned OFC.

i would suggest swapping out your battery terminals so that you can run 4 guage to the alt at the very least.

if you need help, or someone you know needs help, to figure out what cable and terminals you need, feel free to ask. aside from adding on a coulple extra feet to the wire requirements, i'm usually stop on for ordering exactly what you need.

here's what i've got for wiring:

positive and negative batt terminals:
    This website is for sale! gadgetpros.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, gadgetpros.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

when i got with a dual battery setup, those terminals will be perfect for both batteries with dual 1/0 and dual 4 guage outputs.

fuse under the hood:
    This website is for sale! gadgetpros.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, gadgetpros.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

(the fuse under the hood is scosche, all the others are stinger)

fused dist:

one of each of these for ground distribution:

power wire:

i use that in black for the ground, and then i've got 4 guage for the distribution to the amps.

i've gotten great results from knukonceptz wires, but i've heard about problems from their terminals. i'm using the knukonceptz krystal kable RCA's.

course all the wiring might be coming out, pending sponsorship from tsunami

here's my system:

the cda-9835 has been swapped out for the iva-d300, which will be swapped out for the iva-d310 in a month or so.

Comment

Working...
    X