Tire and Wheel Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire and Wheel Upgrade

I recently bought 17" Konig Incident wheels as well as 205/40/ZR17 General Exclaim UHP tires. UHP means Ultra High Performance. These tires and wheels match the offset of the car so well you would think they were a custom set up. With the new rollers installed the car rides much smoother and also much quieter. I used to spin the crap out of the stock 14" protege alloys during hard launches or during quick downshifts accompanied with hard acceleration. With stock tires I would spin all the way through 1st, half way through 2nd and then again just after shifting into 3rd. Now even on a good 4500rpm launch there is almost no wheel spin and just good rapid acceleration. These tires also fair quite well in the rain. I live in Texas and we have some pretty hard rain down here but I go 70 - 75mph on IH 35 in the rain and experienced no hydro planing. I recommend this set up to anyone with a 1st gen protege. I my self own a Black 1994 Protege LX 5 speed. I bought the set up at Discount tire. The total price was $928.11. Not bad huh. You also have the option to sell your stockers for a good price. Anyone that would like to see the rims on a black 1994 Protege can send a request and I will be happy to post them. Call for info 830-832-695

Proud Club Protege Member

TUNERGUY aka Patrick RUnge
    Last edited by tunerguy; 10-29-2005, 09:49 PM. Reason: SNAFU
Working...
X