Which Intake Is Best....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Intake Is Best....

I just bought an 03 protege ES and all i have on it so far is an exhaust, but im having a hard time finding a good intake.

Injen makes a cold air intake, AEM makes a good short ram intake. Avdenton.com sells both versions IIRC...
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

check this thread, too:
      another intake option
      My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
      JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
      AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

Comment

K&N is a good choice also..

Comment

Man hasn't this topic been beat to death already?
          <-why i can't fix my car

http://www.revtvguam.com
          AFwestPunk's AutoJam Imagestation photo album! You better have High speed internet!

Comment

has it?

Comment

which intake?

well i had an AEM ai and had the chance to get a k&n cai. i loved the AEM because of the price and quality. but now that i have the k&n i think that it is a much better intake, although quite expensive i'll never switch back. *prote_boy*
              2003 protege dx; black mica
              titanium tip thermal exhaust
              k&n typhoon complete CAI
              custom engine dress up
              custom interior dress up
              5" autometer tach-silver face
              20% solar tint all around
              obx stainless steel headers
              stainless steel strut bar
              Racers Design shift knob w/custom short shifter
              17" MSR-105 gunmetal wheels, nitto neo-gen tires205/40zr17

Comment

how much was the k&n?

Comment

well if you look on corksport you'll see the price. i got really(when i say really i mean it)lucky and won the cai at a car meet in dallas. a couple of weeks later it was sittlin in the pro *prote_boy*
                  2003 protege dx; black mica
                  titanium tip thermal exhaust
                  k&n typhoon complete CAI
                  custom engine dress up
                  custom interior dress up
                  5" autometer tach-silver face
                  20% solar tint all around
                  obx stainless steel headers
                  stainless steel strut bar
                  Racers Design shift knob w/custom short shifter
                  17" MSR-105 gunmetal wheels, nitto neo-gen tires205/40zr17

Comment

lol, i see

Comment

hey guys, i think AEM is the best intake....k&n makes a real good air filter also, but the air flow w/an AEM is outstanding

Comment

Originally posted by glyph
                        check this thread, too:
                        another intake option
                        If you read the artical by Goldstar list above in Glyph's post, it talks about how the stock intake is the best for the preformance all around. All you need to do is mod the area around the intake opening so that it can get more air. I have done this and I think its much better than the short intake I had. Plus in a since it make a "ram" air, unlike the other intakes that say they are "ram" intakes.
                        MODS:
                        I/E/SS/

"It is the function of the Navy to carry the war to the enemy so that it will not be fought on U.S. soil."

Comment

I just got my shortram air intake by AEM today. I was planning to buy a C.A.I but optted to go with just shortram. It seems easy to install, and i hope it gives me better performance for my car.

Comment

i was planning to get the injen intake for the 1.6l protege
                            but one downside to it is that it reduces the low end torque
                            (which i don't need) because it takes for ever to get 30mph

but, otherwise, i highly recommend it because of the
                            high torque power and ofcourse the bad a$$ intake!

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

How is the low end torque on the AEM intake?

I'm kinda getting bored with my Injen because I'm just another daily driver and it sux to rev so high just to start movin.. Also, I've been having this problem ever since I installed the Injen.. There is this clicking noise that comes from the engine bay.. I'm not exactly sure what the hell it is but it bothers me to hear that when my I'm not listening to the radio. At first it only happens when I'm idling, but sometimes I can hear it when I'm steppin on the gas?

Anyone?

thx

Comment

Working...
                              X