No announcement yet.

new RE equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want an 18" MX series! also is that the finished product of their "prototype excusrion monster"? When are they available for sale?

One of those + a huge ported box + powerful amp + Blazer = Fun for all!

I am sooo gonna do it!
    The Car:
    2003 Mazda Protege 5
    - Injen Intake
    - Meagn Racing Cat-Back
    - 17" Enkei EVO 5's
    - More Goodies to come....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The System:
    Head: Pioneer DEH-P6000
    Components: Infinity Kappa 680.7CS
    Amp: Kenwood KAC-5203
    -
    Sub: RE Audio XXX 15"
    Box: Custom built 4.4cu. ft. Tuned to 27Hz
    Amp: HiFonics Brutus BXi 1606

Comment

i heard the new XXX should be available by the end of november. but i don't know about the other series.

Comment

These days theres no need for oversized subs.. 12's can fit any job decently.. theres some things a 10 can do that a 12 cant, like with rock music and accuracy.. much less a oversized one
        Joe H
        2000 Chevy Impala
        3400 3.4 Liter V6
        Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
        U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
        Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

Originally posted by Vash00es
          These days theres no need for oversized subs.. 12's can fit any job decently.. theres some things a 10 can do that a 12 cant, like with rock music and accuracy.. much less a oversized one

wow, you've got a TON to learn

Comment

Brian, you can't blame him. Afterall, the image I get in my head from a 10 inch sealed sub sucking about 200 watts is a midget sitting in the trunk with a hand held drum skin stretched over a wooden circular frame. Bigger is better, at least as far as my 15 is concerned .
            Kevin

Comment

the response time / accuracy is shorter on a smaller sub, its a fact of logic.. if you find a band that has a drummer that drums retardedly fast, a 10 inch would be able to reproduce is alot better then a 12 inch would be able to handle something as fast
              Joe H
              2000 Chevy Impala
              3400 3.4 Liter V6
              Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
              U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
              Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

But Joe, not all remains constant. You can pair up any two different 10 inch subs and have different performance. All subs are not created equal. And even so, to the ley listener, the difference in 10 and 12 inch subs is not even apparent. Most people equate BIG noise with BIG subs. I really don't know what you're reading, but picking a subwoofer is NOT that complex. So is what your saying YOUR established opinion or what you've read? Brian's opinions are largely based on the fact that he knows his ****. He's emminantly qualified to judge in sound competitions and in fabrication (I had him build my box and ship it from Florida to Pennsylvania.. thats how much I've trusted and learned about his expertise). If you want 2 sealed 10 inch subs, then go get 'em and don't argue about it. If anything, Brian (or I to an extent) would just try to break the common myth and rumors, and challenge conventional thinking when it comes to subs.
                Kevin

Comment

Yeah, my 15" Brahma plays everything you throw at it and it sounds superb, even crazy fast double bass pedal maddness with accuracy. But then again, I have a box that was custom built for the sub... A sub is one thing but, the enclosure is where it counts. I want an 18" because I will have the room to utilize it in as well as see people's (including mine) jaw drop when they see how much excursion it has. Not to mention how low and loud it would play.(I love deep bass)

I still have yet to decide which I am going to get the XXX 18" or the MX 18".
                  OR
                  I might do what I origionaly planned and get another Brahma 15"

Well see what prices, and reviews say.

P.S. And yeah blueLEDz is pretty much the man when it comes to this ****.
                  The Car:
                  2003 Mazda Protege 5
                  - Injen Intake
                  - Meagn Racing Cat-Back
                  - 17" Enkei EVO 5's
                  - More Goodies to come....
                  The System:
                  Head: Pioneer DEH-P6000
                  Components: Infinity Kappa 680.7CS
                  Amp: Kenwood KAC-5203
                  -
                  Sub: RE Audio XXX 15"
                  Box: Custom built 4.4cu. ft. Tuned to 27Hz
                  Amp: HiFonics Brutus BXi 1606

Comment

Originally posted by Vash00es
                    the response time / accuracy is shorter on a smaller sub, its a fact of logic.. if you find a band that has a drummer that drums retardedly fast, a 10 inch would be able to reproduce is alot better then a 12 inch would be able to handle something as fast

we already have super fast subwoofers, they are called tweeters

EVERY driver from subwoofers up to tweeters simply move in an out. how fast they move in and out determines the frequencies they can play. also the motor control determines the frequencies they can play. most subs cannot accurately reproduce frequencies above 200-300 hz, yet because of the xbl2 technology of the brahma, they've been recorded to be able to play up to 1,000 hz, well beyond what they should ever be playing. in a quality setup, subs should not be playing much over 80-100 hz, which all decent subs up to 18" can easily play. by your logic (and many other uneducated individuals) 10's would be better for SPL, since most people burp at around 65 hz, yet last years loudest vehicle used a single 18" sub. i guess his 18 was plenty fast.

read some technical info.

Comment

Working...
                    X