turbo BP or V6 from MX3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo BP or V6 from MX3

OK... here's the deal. Next year I plan on doing something to wake up my little 95 LX. My two obvious choices are as listed above. A BP 1.8 with a turbo or go full hog and graft in a v6 from a precidia. I can get a tboned MX3 for under a grand with all the goodies including the v6. Not to be too specific but what would be the pros and cons for either and which would be better? I am running stock 1.8 auto and would consider a 5 speed switch as well.
    95 LX goin turbo!!

Bouah ha ha ha ha!

Best bet would be BPT if you want to be fast... the mx-3 v6 is a puny 1.8l werido... The KLZE from the MX-6 would be a much better V6 option...

Also 5spd would be a very good idea
    Dan
    dreesemonkey

Comment

Bp turbo for sure...
      You cant even 'shoe-horn' in the KL-05, KL-ZE or even the 1.8L V6 from the mx3....it WONT fit!

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
      1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
      Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

Originally posted by K Dawg ONE
        Bp turbo for sure...
        You cant even 'shoe-horn' in the KL-05, KL-ZE or even the 1.8L V6 from the mx3....it WONT fit!
        Ahhhh, didn't know that... My mistake
        Dan
        dreesemonkey

Comment

Bp turbo for sure...
          Never say never. I didn't think you could fit a 478 Hemi into a Bug-eyed Sprite either, but somebody did it 478 Hemi Sprite
          '98 ES - For Sale!

Comment

Originally posted by lotsacars
            Never say never. I didn't think you could fit a 478 Hemi into a Bug-eyed Sprite either, but somebody did it 478 Hemi Sprite
            Boy I think I just wet my pants
            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
              Boy I think I just wet my pants
              You called that one right...my jaw hit the desk when I found that baby a couple years ago.

As for the swap at hand, I'd go with the BPT. A friend of mine had the MX3 with the V6 and it was nothing to write home about.
              '98 ES - For Sale!

Comment

And here I was under the impression that the MX3 v6 was a little screamer. Lots to consider as I save up the boocoup cash for the parts and installation. Thank you for all your help and talk at ya later!

chow doods!
                95 LX goin turbo!!

Bouah ha ha ha ha!

Comment

Just for reference, he ended up totalling it and getting a '92 Prelude and was much happier with it in terms of performance. If you've ever been in one of those it may provide a frame of reference...HTH.
                  '98 ES - For Sale!

Comment

Like I said the V6 that comes in the MX-3 stock isn't the greatest by any means. But the KL series V6s with fit into the MX-3s (but apparently not the 2nd gens)

Wil (festivas rule) has an mx-3 with the kl-ze... They're a nice, nice engine.
                    Dan
                    dreesemonkey

Comment

Bp turbo for sure...

KLDE.....no such thing as a KL-05. It's an incorrect name anyway.

and if you're going to be wrong, be correct about it it's KL03 if you want to be wrong.
                      "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                      -93 MR2, 129 ES
                      ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                      Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

I am running stock 1.8 auto and would consider a 5 speed switch as well.

why not drop in a 5 speed and turbo the current engine u have?

Comment

Working...
                        X