Haggling on 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haggling on 3?

How low have people been getting dealers down on low-end model 3s? I customized the 3i touring with the option pack that just gave me power **** and the 16" wheels. It came out to be ~$16.6k. I'm not interested in the S engine with a whopping 12 more hp or larger wheels or any of that crap, just simple cheap, economical transportation.

I configured a similar Corolla S and it was about the exact same price. I was thinking that maybe I could find an '05 civic at a good price since the new models came out.

The only problem is I still owe on my volvo, and I doubt I'd get what I owe for tradein, but if I could get close I'd be interested in a new car with a warranty, and I think mazda gives a 5-year warranty (how long i'd finance it). I'm sick of freaking $200 bills every month keeping the 323 alive (I haven't even been driving the volvo, just paying for it, haha), and while the volvo is currently up to date, who knows when something will break on that.

Any input appreciated
    Dan
    dreesemonkey

Select a vehicle, enter financial information and calculate your monthly payments with our car payment calculator. Check out our car lease and finance offers here.

every once in a while they offer buyer incentives...

If not I would go in low-balling them on an 05 since all the 06's are out. It gives you the edge b/c they need to get rid of it, and they will be more likely to deal.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

i've read ur rants & past history...why the FARK would you consider buying a new car, especially now.

i thought you said you just got the 323 running well. Why the **** would you ruin your life for the next 5+ years by going into debt well-beyond what you can afford? Esp after having that volvo, i figured you'd learn by now that u can't afford it!

unless you somehow are making a ****load more money, i just don't see how you think u can afford to buy a new car, even if you can get it for 12k, but 3's are apparently selling pretty fast & not many dealers are giving huge price breaks on them.
      93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
      02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
      05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Originally posted by Gro Harlem
        i've read ur rants & past history...why the FARK would you consider buying a new car, especially now.

i thought you said you just got the 323 running well. Why the **** would you ruin your life for the next 5+ years by going into debt well-beyond what you can afford? Esp after having that volvo, i figured you'd learn by now that u can't afford it!

unless you somehow are making a ****load more money, i just don't see how you think u can afford to buy a new car, even if you can get it for 12k, but 3's are apparently selling pretty fast & not many dealers are giving huge price breaks on them.
        Uhhhh, what are you talking about? I can afford it just fine, I'm plain ****ing sick of repair bills for my cars when I could be SAVING that money. Last month I paid $220 on my volvo payment, $200 for insurance and another $200 for repairs on the 323. Now, the 323 has another exhaust leak that I'm going to try and ghetto rig, and one of my brand new tires has a puncture in it. Again, I can fix it but things are getting ridiculous.

The volvo runs well, but has a lot of miles on it. I'm worried that in a year or so something will **** out on me and I'll be stuck with car payments and having to put new axles or a new tranny or something in it. **** that.

A Mazda 3i financed for 5 years would be ~$320 a month at MSRP. My insurance would be way less than $200 having just one car, so I'd probably be paying about the same a month as I am, maybe a little more. Then, I'd have a brand new car that I wouldn't have to worry about AND if something major happened with it (tranny, etc) it would be covered under their 5year warranty. I'm sure I'll change my mind in another day or so, but right now this plan seems fairly logical to me. I know I don't want to spend more than $600/mo again on necessary car stuff, especially when I could be spending $400/mo and stop having to worry about what I have to pay for next month.
        Dan
        dreesemonkey

Comment

Originally posted by Gro Harlem

Don't know how tight you guys are...but even-so...that's some pretty harsh comments to be aired on a "public" forum.
          My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
          - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by mike_moss
            Don't know how tight you guys are...but even-so...that's some pretty harsh comments to be aired on a "public" forum.
            lol, not like the BK section has alot of traffic though.
            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Nah, it's cool. I whine, moan, and change my mind all the damn time anyway, his responce wasn't bad. I can afford it, I just don't know if I want to or not. It's on the back-burner for now, I'm just trying to keep my two cars running and on the road It's something I'm definitely going to be keeping in mind though.
              Dan
              dreesemonkey

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                lol, not like the BK section has alot of traffic though.
                haha, serrious.
                My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
                - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

I figure you don't do much in the way of modification, but have you figured the minor urges you might get to slap on a new set of wheels or something like that? Thats something I hadn't in mind when I bought my car in February.. I now have about $2k in car stereo crap, tinted windows, vent visors, chrome front and rear liscence plate frames.. and it won't stop there. I don't know, thats how I am anyway .
                  Kevin

Comment

Working...
                  X