? about e-manage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? about e-manage

Ive been looking into the e-manage set up. What is your feedback on this fuel controll. Ive also seen the new ultimate. It looks like a awsome unit. How difficult is it to wire in? What about tuning? Thanks for any help.

Matt
    BTW: I ****ing HATE megasquirt!
    Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Easy to fit and tune, fuel control is... ok on the early ones, I would guess the new ultimate would be way better as you can ditch the airflow meter, and also change rev limits and stuff that the early one couldn't. Overall, if you get it for the right price, it's a good peice of kit. I had some good gains with it, mainly through the ignition timing control, and then fine tuning on the fuel. I had the old blue one, the Ultimate looks way better again.

Tuning piggy backs is easier than standalone, as you have a base map already, but ultimately they're always limited by being hung on the stock ECU. Great for mildly modded cars. Standalone will take more time and cash to get right, but will be more flexible in the long run if you plan major mods.
    www.323gtx.co.uk
    www.323gtr.net

Comment

easy to wire and easy to tune!!! +2 points

Comment

Would it be worth it to have it professionally installed and dyno tuned?

Comment

Why not do it yourself and learn the tuning process? Of course it would be good to have it professionally tuned in a dyno but that would spoil all the fun ...
          The emanage blue with a profec b and a wideband to tune is the ultimate solution if you want to keep the cost down.

Comment

Install it yourself then take it to Horsepower Freaks there in Portland. They are some of the best tuners in the NW.

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
            Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

HPfreaks wanted 400 bucks to tune it. For that plus the cost of it, Id rather do a standalone and tune it w/ a wideband.

Comment

Originally posted by 92_2_fast
                Ive been looking into the e-manage set up. What is your feedback on this fuel controll. Ive also seen the new ultimate. It looks like a awsome unit. How difficult is it to wire in? What about tuning? Thanks for any help.

Matt
                BTW: I ****ing HATE megasquirt!
                awwww, why's that? You knew I'd chime in didn't you
                Ask me about engine management!

Comment

Originally posted by 92_2_fast
                  HPfreaks wanted 400 bucks to tune it. For that plus the cost of it, Id rather do a standalone and tune it w/ a wideband.
                  Get the ultimate and install it yourself, and have it tuned professionally.
                  $400 for tuning isnt that rough, just comparing to Canadian prices...

$400 CDN gets you 2.7 hours on the dyno with a wideband and an exhaust gas analyzer.

With that amount of time you should be able to get a nice solid tune on a piggy back, but a less than mediocre one with a standalone... they require MUCH more time.. but I guess that depends on the severity of your build up... and if the standalone comes with any basemaps to get you started.

Butt tuning is ok, but nothing beats a dyno to get out all the drivability glitches tuned out.... and to give you a visual reading of your power output, to see where it increases/decreases/spikes ect...

Comment

Working...
                  X