Brake fluid please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake fluid please help

Hello, I really need help. My brake light is constantly showing, I called my dealership and they told me to put break fluid...Now I realized with the userguide that the place where I have to put the break fluid is a combined break/transmission fluid...with that said what break fluid should I use? No the dealership wasnt kind enough to suggest me a particular kind, and I dont want to loose my mind at canadian tire trying to figure this one out ( women here ... ). I have a mazda protege LX 2.0 2003 Thank you in advance!!!

Welcome to the Forum.

According to the FSM, correct brake fluid type is SAE J1703 or FMVSS 116 DOT3.

Happy Motoring!
    02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
    MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
    MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
    Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
    MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
    Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
    Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
    Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
    Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
    Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
    Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
    Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
    Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Dot 3 it goes in your resiviour at the top of the engine bay at the back. Theres nothing transmision related about it.

Comment

hydraulic clutch maybe??
        its almost 420
        Ryan The middle child is always ignored
        BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Working...
        X