rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rims

Im going to my local junkyard sumtime next week and i want to get a nice pair of rims for my 93 protege lx. what kind of cars should i look for?
    1993 Mazda Protege LX 1.8L DOHC Now with 2 mtx bluethunder 12'' legend series subs, soon to be 2 mtx 12'' 7500 series! in 2 weeks! Im also getting a volfenhag amp

Anything Mazda 4 lug from 1990 to 2005 will fit.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
    On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
    My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

And almost anything else with a 4by100 bolt pattern.

The big thing you should watch for is hub size and that they will clears your calipers.

94 Protege LX: HX-35, Megasquit, ect...
      98 Subaru Legacy GT-DD: 1 inch lift, and all the standard N/A stuff.

Comment

i like the way the tracer lts rim look. 15inch and i think sexy.

i have a jy here that has a set but i already bought my 16's.
        Last edited by Turpro; 10-21-2006, 01:57 PM.
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I'll probably get flamed for saying this(though I shouldn't), but those Tracer wheels look like swastikas.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid
            I'll probably get flamed for saying this(though I shouldn't), but those Tracer wheels look like swastikas.
            in a way they kinda look like the falken wheels.
            i should just go get them and sell the 16s
            Last edited by Turpro; 10-21-2006, 01:57 PM.
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

i reallyliek the 91-93 egt wheels.. thems is nice

Comment

Originally posted by poop
                i reallyliek the 91-93 egt wheels.. thems is nice
                which ones are those? the 7 spoke or the fan blades
                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

the fan blades i guess...

Comment

Integras have nice 15" five spoked rims

Comment

Just saw a pair of 7 spoke EGT wheels at the yard today...

Integra wheels are too common and too expensive at the same time. Ofcourse I always would go for Mazda wheels first...makes you look like more of an enthusiast if you have various model Mazda parts on your Protege.

Comment

Hey MazKid, what year Miata wheels do you have on your car and how much were they?

Comment

2001(to 2003) 16" wheels.

They were $100 for the set, with the OEM Bridgestone Turanzas. I had to replace the tires because they had very poor traction in the rain or even when it was just below 70F. The wheels have some curb rash and recently got some gouges on the passenger ones(I think my dad might have knicked them with the lawn mower or something, not sure but they are recent).

Wheels are 15lbs each and my 205/45 Toyo Proxes FZ4s are 21lbs each, or so, and are as close to the stock 185/60 14 tire size on the LX, and it only offsets my speedometer like 2.3% I think it is.

Comment

I hope I can find some at the local junkyard, thanks MazKid.

Comment

You have 2001+ Miatas at your junkyard?

Comment

Working...
                              X