BMW 5 series and a TDI golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW 5 series and a TDI golf

i was going home from work and since i always brag to my friend about my car, he wanted to see how fast it was, him driving a VW New Beetle, we know what happened there. anyway what i did know know was that when i floored it getting on the freeway i merged with a 5 series playing tag along with a tdi. not really "racing" but a cat and mouse kind of thing. well i merged in front of them and my buddy in the beetle behind them. we went over a large curving overpass and then the road got straight. we did the thing where you give it some gas, so does he, so you give it a little more, so does he, then i floored it. i saw the TDI's lights slowly backpedal but the beamer stayed on me, i pulled away just a bit and we slowed down as there would be cars in front of us.
    Serenity's Dead.

lol, a beetle for a guy....
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

I drove a TDI many times ... they are torquey but not fast by any means.

Any idea if it was the 530 or 540?

Nice kills!

Comment

540 prolly would've dusted him, unless the guy didn't feel like it

Comment

I dont like TDI's b/c they are heavy as ****. (3200lbs)
          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

i didnt get a close enough look at it, i just know the 5 series by the size and shape of it and the headlights. it was black so that didnt help either.

the guy in the beetle was driving his wife's car.. he drives a PT cruiser :lol: he was going to put alot of very ricey stuff on the PT but i took it as my responsability to educate him on the subject. we talk about cars all the time at work now (he didnt know anything before) and when a cool car is out front he runs and finds me and asks me what it is (like the Conquest we always have shopping at our store). he is also now shopping for a miata
            Serenity's Dead.

Comment

I've lost to a TDI... ... It had propane injection and some other goodies. That's what you get for being the pompous dick in the evo.

Comment

Working...
              X