HOnduha Del Sol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOnduha Del Sol

We were at a light with him behind me and no one in front. LIght turns green, but were on a onramp, he takes his time so im pretty far up when I find a truck infront of me. So I slow down. This guy comes flying up behind me and changes lanes real quick so I pull in behind him.

He starts to slow down by downshifting. He had quite the ricer exhast so it was pretty loud. Eventually I look down and were doing some 40 on the highway, in the fast lane. I change lanes and he downshifts again, all I hear is a loud buzzing sound, I thinking oh hell yeah its on. I floor it and for a moment hes at my door and holding his own just a moment though. Eventually he shifts and I leave him, around 60. Any monment I was just expecting him to take off. Never happend. I let off around 90 when he was really back there.

This thing was crazy riced out too. He had taken out his corner lights, big ass tach with shift light, all sorts of guages, hudge wheels, body kit, some kind of chrome bar at the back of the car inside (strut tower?), and exhaust, possibly a custom paint job too it was really nice. From what I saw, IM sure he had alot more.

Wow thouse things are slow.

del slows.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Was probably a s or si model. The del sol vtec would have walked you.
      2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Originally posted by Marc93lx
        probably, but they are still lacking in the tq dept. IMO.

One my friends dumped his b16 for a GSR swap; his sol is scary.

Comment

even the VTEC b16 models are slow....Ive ran one my friend owns and put him in his place.
          Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc93lx
            some si's had the sohc vtec treatment, like the 95's for sure.
            Almost there

jdm tails... check
            jdm bumper... check
            ms lip... check
            ms grill... check
            ms sideskirts... check
            ms rear skirts... check
            ms spoiler... check
            ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
            Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

I believe all the Del Sol Si's had the SOHC Vtec, the "Del Sol Vtecs" I believe come with the DOHC B16A out of the newer Civic Si coupes. Something like 160hp, and some low number torque
              94 Protege DX... A work in progress.
              Spring Tech Springs
              Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors
              Cone Filter
              17" Rotas
              More to Come......

Comment

Originally posted by 95pro
                some si's had the sohc vtec treatment, like the 95's for sure.
                vtec as in the trim level. It came with the dohc b16a as mentioned above.
                2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
                  even the VTEC b16 models are slow....Ive ran one my friend owns and put him in his place.
                  doesent mean they are slow... ur just faster
                  they're low 15 second cars... i'd say thats pretty quick

Comment

i think its funny how people are like oh its a del sol anything can walk it, **** that, i cant say that i have raced one, but i know the potential that they have

Comment

hye guys.... like to share something here... not to say that the del sol or the civic are slow for that matter but they ain't that quick either. i raced a civic EG b4 with a B16A motor in along with upgraded chip inside with a stock BP motor in an astina. i smoked him all the way till we reached 120mph where he came by my back slowly. thats where u c the hp differences but in terms of power to weight and kilowatts are concerned, we are not far from them. basically it ain't that quick whether it is in the del sol or the civic. they are suppose to be much2 faster as they weigh lighter than any mazda.

Comment

Originally posted by Loque1909
                        hye guys.... like to share something here... not to say that the del sol or the civic are slow for that matter but they ain't that quick either. i raced a civic EG b4 with a B16A motor in along with upgraded chip inside with a stock BP motor in an astina. i smoked him all the way till we reached 120mph where he came by my back slowly. thats where u c the hp differences but in terms of power to weight and kilowatts are concerned, we are not far from them. basically it ain't that quick whether it is in the del sol or the civic. they are suppose to be much2 faster as they weigh lighter than any mazda.

what transmission... that plays a major role.

B16 tranny is insanely short gears from what I have heard.

Comment

yeah my buddy got my bp 323 by 2 cars, with his 95 civic dx.... he has a b18 swap with intake and catback

Comment

he's running with the B16B tranny which suppose to have better top speeds. however, even if he is running with the stock tranny, he should be able to cut me off with his short ratios but from whut i see, in any tranny they aren't so much different from the BP-ZE. a bit touch up on the BP's can somehow match their performance anytime. i pushed the BP-ZE b4 and it pulls up to almost 125++ mph b4. all hands for the mazda, mazda 4 life.

Comment

Working...
                            X