sub orientation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sub orientation

ok i got a question for you. my subs face backwards, ie foward being the engine bay. now i'm worried that some of my stuff in the trunk will kill my subs. will rotating them 180 degrees affect the sound quality? like moving dead zones and altering the frequencies at which my cabin will resonate?
    When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
    Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
    Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
    So his engine he goosed
    With much too much boost,
    And drove a rod through his block.

yes changing how the subs are facing makes a difference on the sound. typically you lose 3 dB's in competition when you turn your box forward, unless it was designed to face forward if you can deal with a little hassle, face your box to the rear, about 6 inches from the back, and use the space forward of the box to store stuff you'll have to fold down the backseats when you need to get at any of it, but you won't have to worry about the subs getting damaged
    see if this makes sense to you

Comment

or you can get some girlls. .... .even if they are ugly i used them since i pack a lot of crap in my p5
      2003 P5 Midnight Blue
      Buddy Club 2 Side skirts, DGM front lip
      OBX header, MAM SS midpip, HKS exhaust
      Racing beat sway, tokico hp's, tein stechs, gtspec tie bar, awr front motor mount
      sun ground kit
      5spd sunroof
      Carputer (DivX, MP3, NES, GPS, OBD-2 next)
      7in lcd molded to dash

pioneer 3ways all around
      power acoustik 2.4f cap, power acoustik EQ, Power Acoustik A1800db
      6 RE 8's on the way

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
        yes changing how the subs are facing makes a difference on the sound. typically you lose 3 dB's in competition when you turn your box forward, unless it was designed to face forward if you can deal with a little hassle, face your box to the rear, about 6 inches from the back, and use the space forward of the box to store stuff you'll have to fold down the backseats when you need to get at any of it, but you won't have to worry about the subs getting damaged
        see if this makes sense to you
        you know what that actually makes sense to me. thanks, as of right now i think i am going to protect the subs and opt for the poor sound quality, because most of the **** in my trunk is pointy metal stuff. but i will do what you say eventually with the sub orientation towards the rear of the trunk. i am just going to swap my engine first.
        When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
        Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
        Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
        So his engine he goosed
        With much too much boost,
        And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

you could build you a ported box that has the sub facing the front of the car and has a port exiting the rear facing toward the rear of the car
          '02 classic red p5
          currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

Working...
          X