speedo swaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speedo swaps

Ive asked this question on a couple other forums, but havent been able to find an answer hopefully some of you guys could help me out. I'm looking to swap 2 different clusters, however one is cable driven and one is a electronic speedometer. Is it possible to swap a cable driven speedo for an electronic one. I assume the electronic speedos would use some sort of electronic sending unit hooked to the trans...........any ideas advice. ..........sorry if this is in the wrong section but there wasnt really one that fit right .

the MX-3 v6 uses an electric speedo. Might look at their system and see if you can mod it to work with the protege.

just a thought.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
      the MX-3 v6 uses an electric speedo. Might look at their system and see if you can mod it to work with the protege.

just a thought.

the reason Im trying to find out is cause I have an egt and am changing out the dash and putting in an mx3 dash, and hopefully the cluster too, the dash out of the mx3 is electronic, this is my dilema, unfortunately up in WA were I'm from mx3's are basically non-existant

Comment

the plugs on the back side of the MX-3 clustr are identical to the protege/323 cluster from what I remember.

You could just grab an RS cluster since it uses a cable driven like the protege/323. Its how I am running my LX tranny in my GS MX-3
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
        X