clutch fluid flush/tighten cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch fluid flush/tighten cable

i had a shop do this a little while ago, but it needs it again...can i do this easily? what is involved?

the clutch fluid is your brake fluid, same same. You can bleed the fluid for the clutch at the clutch cylder right next to the front motor mount.

as for adjustment, there is an adjustment at the pedal under the dash.

Comment

on the 2.0L there is no clutch cylinder, how do i bleed it ?
      '02 classic red p5
      currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

Originally posted by walight01
        You don't.
        Ryan The middle child is always ignored
        BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

so i just put fluid in and thats it?
          '02 classic red p5

Comment

If you don't have a hydraulic clutch, you adjust the cable.
            On all the cable clutches that I've seen there are 2 nuts, you loosen the "jam nut" tighten the other one then tighten the jam nut again.
            Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

i have a hydrolic clutch system, i followed the line from the tranny up and it connects into what looks like a roll on pennies, which is completly sealed, then directly into the break reserv. there is a bleeder valve on the tranny, but when i've tried to bleed it in the past, i would pump the clutch and nothing would happen, even with the bleeder valve open.
              '02 classic red p5

Comment

i have a hydrolic clutch system, i followed the line from the tranny up and it connects into what looks like a roll on pennies, which is completly sealed, then directly into the break reserv. there is a bleeder valve on the tranny, but when i've tried to bleed it in the past, i would pump the clutch and nothing would happen, even with the bleeder valve open.
                So.............., then unlike your first post states you do infact have a clutch cylinder. I don't know what to say. You really shouldn't leave the bleeder valve open and pump the clutch, you can get air in it that way. Air in hydraulic fluid= teh enemy.

Comment

is the completly sealed little thing the clutch cylinder?
                  '02 classic red p5

Comment

The "thing" that is attached by a hose to the brake master cylinder, is the Clutch aster Cylinder.
                    The "thing on your tranny, or probably actually on your bellhousing is the slave cylinder. Thats what has the bleeder screw, and is what needs to be bled.

Comment

ok
                      '02 classic red p5

Comment

mazdaracer stated it above your post. You bleed the hydrolic clutch by the bleeder screw located right by the front engine mount.
                        I used a one man bleeder to do it.
                        just open the bleeder slightly and then pumped the pedal till the fluid was coming out.
                        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                          The "thing" that is attached by a hose to the brake master cylinder, is the Clutch aster Cylinder.
                          The "thing on your tranny, or probably actually on your bellhousing is the slave cylinder. Thats what has the bleeder screw, and is what needs to be bled.
                          Instead of being a completely vague and arrogant dickhead about it, why don't you help the guy out a little?

Hey walight,

The clutch master cylinder and brake master cylinder share the same reservoice. On the top of the clutch mater cylinder (roll of pennies thing), there should be a tube that goes up to the reservoir that is connected directly to the brake master cylinder.

You can search the net for a proper bleeding procedure. The best thing is to have someone that has done it before help you. Then you will see first-hand the proper procedure and can do it again yourself with another helper that can just press the pedal for you.

"Mazderati"
                          91 LX DOHC 5 speed V8 stocker
                          Pioneer DEH-550MP, Infinity 6002i's, Pioneer 6x9s
                          Uniden PC76XL w/ Astatic Road Devil & 5' Wilson Silverload

1982 Jeep Wagoneer Brougham
                          AMC 360 V8, 4-speed, 4x4

Comment

How was I being a dickhead??
                            I used the same terms that he used because I figured he would understand them.
                            And, I believe I answered his questions satisfactorily, since he seemed to have nothing further to ask.

Comment

I've bleed my brakes plenty of times, but when i tried my clutch i had problems with it, and thats why i asked. I got all the answers i needed, i just need to try it again once i get my tranny back in. i didn't take what anyone as rude or such
                              '02 classic red p5

Comment

Working...
                              X