Pioneer Speakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer Speakers?

So as i peice my system together peice by peice, the next thing on the agenda is speakers, i was planning on going with some pioneer 3 ways all around

Preferably These models

Front Speakers

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-5jhpwoc...400&cc=01&sl=C

Rear Speakers

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-5jhpwoc...0&I=130TSA6961

Are these decent speakers ? they seem to be, i need something under 80 dollers perferably, and these seem to fit the bill perfectly, im not amping them yet ( christmas is around the corner ) , and i need something that will run decently well off of a Alpine CDA-9851's own power ( 18 watts rms ) , so these seem to be the ideal speaker setup for me, 3 ways have pretty good sound quality, and seem to run fine off of HU power until ampage later on down the road.. what do you guys think?
    Last edited by Vash00es; 11-15-2005, 09:50 PM.
    Joe H
    2000 Chevy Impala
    3400 3.4 Liter V6
    Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
    U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
    Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

i think you should go to a store and listen to them before you buy them.

Comment

Shameless plug for the component set I'm trying to sell, $65+ship!

Comment

The base model Impalas come with a 6 speaker system anyway. Meaning, there is already mounting inside the door panel for a seperate tweeter. I'd definately stay away from Pioneer speakers all-together, however, their 6 1/2's are terrible under ANY circumstance. Search around and get a cheap set of components and some better 6x9's. If anything, I'd suggest looking in the range of Alpine Type-S. I'm on my 3rd set of Alpine speakers and I must say, the type-s series is definately got some bang for the buck. I'm running Alpine Type-S 6x9's in my rear dash now and they sound awesome. You can reasonably turn these speakers up to a good volume if their amped and they'll give you PLENTY of bass response.

Additionally, are you aware of having to relocate your factory headunit/using a special harness? It's truely a pain in the ass.
        Kevin

Comment

you dont have to relocate anything, all you lose is the warning chimes and some controls for certain features in the car, its not really necessary.. and are you serious, the impala has a 6 speaker system? two in front, two on the rear deck, and two in the back doors or something? all i know is the stock speakers are absolute garbage, my friend BLEW his stock speakers with just the STOCK head unit, wtf
          Joe H
          2000 Chevy Impala
          3400 3.4 Liter V6
          Fun Times

Comment

I shreaded my stock speakers with only the stock headunit.
            Eh it gave me a change to pimp everything out.
            I have to strongly recomend the alpine type s's. Also be sure to look into the infinity speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Vash00es
              you dont have to relocate anything, all you lose is the warning chimes and some controls for certain features in the car, its not really necessary.. and are you serious, the impala has a 6 speaker system? two in front, two on the rear deck, and two in the back doors or something? all i know is the stock speakers are absolute garbage, my friend BLEW his stock speakers with just the STOCK head unit, wtf
              Seriously, they have some ****ed up tuning qualities built into the stock head units, however, if you leave tonal adjustments alone and don't juice the bass for all it's worth..they should last quite a while and still deliver decent sound. My impression with the Impala was basically, every audio shop I was taking it to said they needed to run a split harness that would relocate my head unit to the trunk, as the RDS base model radios have built in functions to reset your tire pressure monitor, program your key fobs (remote entry pads), and your oil change 'calculator' thingy. There were also some suggestions that the factory radio had something to do with the air bags? This is the most outlandish and assinine statement I've ever heard, however, who was I to argue? (this air bag thing IS false by the way, no matter what anyone says). I had the factory radio relocated to the trunk so I could still use the customizing functions of the radio. Of course I've lost all the chimes and what have you, but thats child's play to me anyway.

The deal with the factory system is it's externally amplified (depending on car).. this is noticeable by a metal box mounted under your rear dash between your 6x9's with a bunch of wires sticking out of it. The bottom line isn't the factory speakers, it's the horrible engineering job they did on their radios. I've yet to come across a GM radio thats more poorly designed than the 98 to 04'ish RDS radios. I like rambling.. I appologize Joe.

Off to order me-self some HID ballasts, lates!
              Kevin

Comment

i usually leave the bass low because it distorts to hell when i crank the volume, i have the bass afew clicks up, and the treble almost all the way up.. are you sure that the base models have the external stock amps? i thought those only came with the upgraded sound system

If anything im going to rip all the BS out, external amps, stock radio, etc.. And just have the aftermarket head unit with its own speaker wires going to my own speakers instead of the super small low wattage lines the stock system has, no more stock crap crudding up the system

you can keep the oil life system, and tire pressure system without having the stock radio, theres ways to reset all those systems manually not using the stock radio, but the rest of the stuff youd lose, like the chimes and changable light timers, etc, but the big systems, like tire pressure, oil life etc you can keep without the stock radio, which are the only major systems that you might not want to lose. Also as you said, the airbag has nothing to do with the stock radio unit. The whole things just a PITA really
                Last edited by Vash00es; 11-17-2005, 08:04 AM.
                Joe H
                2000 Chevy Impala
                3400 3.4 Liter V6
                Fun Times

Comment

pioneer and good in the same sentence? hahahaahaaha

good one
                  93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                  02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                  05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

well everyone and there mother seems to buy pioneer Headunits, and i havent heard anything on the pioneer speakers other then 10+ people on cruthfield giving them 5 out of 5 stars, so i thought ide shoot for it
                    Joe H
                    2000 Chevy Impala
                    3400 3.4 Liter V6
                    Fun Times

Comment

Pioneer speakers sound like crap. Just go to Bestbuy and find out for yourself. There have got to be many better options for that price range instead of Pioneers. I suggest checking out Ebay and seeing if you can find some still new last year models of better brands.

Comment

Speaking of feebay, I went there and typed in 6 1/2 speaker. There are some good ****(infinity, polk, audiobahn<---I like, but who cares) for slightly less than $80 after shipping. Most are used, but not more than at least 2 model years old. Ebay can blow, but good things are in there.
                        DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

I have a Pioneer Premier headunit and 220w Pioneer 3way 6x9 recieving 50w each in the rear deck and they sound great to me, I dunno what you guys are talking about.
                          The bass is super tight and rattles the car, but is not very loud compared to the mids and highs, which is fine for clarity. If you want real heavy bass though, you'll need to get a sub and amp.

Oh and for the price, there is nothing in Pioneer's class. Closest is JVC garbage.

Comment

ok

Comment

Rattles teh car woohoo jump in that one Margaret......Listen I had Pioneers all the way around in my car and it was a bunch of crap.....HORRIBLE.... Alpines i like as well as audiobahn...I admit i have a pioneer head unit its fine with me........but for speakers and sounding good go with something else..I just bought a Memphis amp and am lovin' it...I agree get on E-bay thats where i got my hook up at!
                              "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

Working...
                              X