For sale forums...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For sale forums...

Ok, why do we HAVE to have a picture of what we are selling? I think that is pretty foolish. What if a person dosen't own a digi cam? I agree with all the other rules, but that is kinda far out.
    Eat ****.

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
    Ok, why do we HAVE to have a picture of what we are selling? I think that is pretty foolish. What if a person dosen't own a digi cam? I agree with all the other rules, but that is kinda far out.
    I agree. I don't have a digi cam and I don't want to have to buy one in order to sell something.

Happy Motoring!
    02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
    MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
    MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
    Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
    MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
    Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
    Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
    Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
    Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
    Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
    Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
    Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
    Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

I dont have a digi cam either, but if i am buying something i would much rather see what it looks like and how good of condition it is in. so im sure that is pretty much the reason

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda96Protege
        I dont have a digi cam either, but if i am buying something i would much rather see what it looks like and how good of condition it is in. so im sure that is pretty much the reason
        Exactly. No description you can give will ever accurately depict the condition of your item. Would you buy a car without ever seeing it before hand? I know I wouldn't.

You can purchase cheap disposable cameras and have them developed onto a cd-rom which can then be uploaded to your computer and the internet.
        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

In order to make an informed purchase, to keep complaints/unhappy buyers down you need a picture.
          To ensure that the product is in your possession, we need to have a card that shows so.

The 'honesty' system works in theory, was used in the past, but pressures have lead us to this point.

Comment

I can understand that prospective buyers would like to be able to view the sale item before purchase, but in my case anything I sold would come with the Forum famous goldstar guarantee: Buy it, install it and if you don't like it, you're stuck with it. With a guarantee like that, who needs a photo?

Happy Motoring!
            02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
            MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
            MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
            Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
            MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
            Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
            Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
            Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
            Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
            Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
            Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
            Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
            Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

We wouldnt need a picture if there was a quantitative method to value condition. If we could say "my turbo has an ugly value of 5, a dirty value of 3, and working value of 6" then we wouldnt need pictures

until we come up with that, i guess we're stuck at viewing pictures so people dont misinterpret phrases such as 'good condition' or 'its a little dirty now, but she'll clean right up!'

For example some people think Tara Reid is dirty looking, others think she is damn fine!

Comment

You can always substitute a picture with a drawing done in MS Paint.

Comment

kinda like how i did on ebay
                  Attached Files

Comment

little more neater...lol
                    Attached Files

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

hahah.....i dunno...this is the first forum ive ever seen where it requires a pic to sell something. Yes I could understand if it was a turbo kit, or wheels or something of the sort. But I listed my pistons for sale...for $30. They are used pistons, with normal 30K wear on them (slight deposits, a little dirty) In that case, I don't think a pic is necessary.

I think we should have a rule of like anything above $75 requires a picture or something like that.
                        Eat ****.

Comment

We're actually late adopters of this policy. Other forums have been doing it for ages. Take msprotege for example.

Comment

unfortunately I don't use that board.
                            Eat ****.

Comment

This day in age, you have got to at least know someone with a digi-cam.

Hell, my 90 year old great grandma has one.

And if you can't find one I've got an old one I'll sell to ya for $30.

94 Protege LX: HX-35, Megasquit, ect...
                              98 Subaru Legacy GT-DD: 1 inch lift, and all the standard N/A stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X