2000+ Mustang GT Vs. BP'ed 323

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2000+ Mustang GT Vs. BP'ed 323

Coming home last night I took the long way home due to some back up on the Beltway and pulled up to a light next to a Mustang with 3 kids in it mocking the sound of my exhaust. Well there was to cars in front of us so I didnt really have a shot to take him. we started moving and he keep reving it up and jerking forward so when the opertunity opened I stabbed it in second. had my roomate co-pilot the 2-3 cars spaced out on the road. He was way behind me and didnt catch up till i hit the highway and hit 120.

We pulled of the highway and he was like " i was only giving it 1/2 throttle" so i asked him if he wanted to hit this twisty road around the corner, He said yes so i led and when i got to the road I told him to try and keep up. I took off down the road and by the second turn my roomate could not see his headlights so at the end of the road i waited for him and he used the "its RWD drive line" and he asked me what I had, I told him that it had a swapped motor and Int. and Ex. and I also told him I only spent alittle over 2K for everything including the car. At that point I drove off, he probably could have taken me if he knew how to drive but fun none the less.
    Last edited by MD323; 11-17-2005, 10:17 AM.
    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

haha, thats teh way to do it. I personally have a grudge against mustangs, but the only one i'd drive are the 04 svt cobras cuz they are sexy with the molded wing. Anyways good kill, and good driving. []Deace

Need Vehicle Graphics, Decals, Headlight/Tail light tint? Visit http://www.graphxsigns.net or PM me!

Comment

dude, the new mustang are ****, they simply weigh to much, even if no one likes it, i have an 88gt that is very quick for a 95% stock car. in the import world, weight is a big factor in life cuz theres just not enough torque coming out of a 4-banger even with a turbo. the reason most people i know who like v8's is from the mind boggly torque that can be produced. just my thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by mazdaspeed?
        dude, the new mustang are ****, they simply weigh to much, even if no one likes it, i have an 88gt that is very quick for a 95% stock car. in the import world, weight is a big factor in life cuz theres just not enough torque coming out of a 4-banger even with a turbo. the reason most people i know who like v8's is from the mind boggly torque that can be produced. just my thoughts
        They may weigh alot but with all that torque its not a good excuse why they are still slow!
        **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
        95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

the newest body style runs 13s w/ and automatic... there is a chick on another forum i visit, who has like an 02 mustang gt... automatic and a terrible reaction time she still ran mid high 13 bone stock... she even posted the slip.

im not saying i dont believe you i know its not just power that wins races, so i totally believe you im just commenting on the "not a good a good excuse why they are still slow" comment...

most guys with gtx swaps are LUCKY to break into the 13s... given more boost and slicks they would have it no problem, but rarely do you see a streeted 13s bg, traction alone would kill you so bad it would be pretty hard to beat a mustang gt on the street.

also id like to point out im not saying there are not cars running around daily driven the have more than enough power to get it down the track in 13 seconds... its just that whole doing it on street tires regularly thats the tough part
          There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

the other day there was a mustang Gt ahead of me going down the road adn i could see that he was staring at me through his rearview and his side mirror laughing with his girl in the car, so he gunned it as did i ., he didnt gain an inch... then he did the same passing a car and i passed the car and again he dindt pull on me at all..... i <3 the bp 323...

also this girl i know has a MSP , i was goign down this two laned road, and she came out of a driveway onto the road and i seen her quicky catch up to me.... as she got up next 2 me i heard her rev... so we both dropped gears.. a roll from 25.. we got to 80 and i let off i was a fender ahead
            Last edited by Chad; 11-21-2005, 12:20 PM.

Comment

but c, weight is a big factor, cuz if the new gt weigh in say 400lbs more then my 88, there not going to run or accelerate as fast with only around 25 more ftlbs of torque. either way, i lover my v8 power, and i still like my my DOHC in my 91 protege, there both fun.

Comment

He must've been giving it half throttle cause i know my 94 gt would rape the **** of of a n/a bp and its almost completely stock.
                '99 Miata - Begi manifold, T3, 2.5'' exhaust, ebay fmic, 460cc injectors, megasquirt, LC1, and toyota coil on plug conversion..

Comment

Originally posted by mikeflys1
                  He must've been giving it half throttle cause i know my 94 gt would rape the **** of of a n/a bp and its almost completely stock.

must be

Comment

Originally posted by mikeflys1
                    that or he seriously cant drive for **** like stated.
                    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by FazdaBoy4ever
                      the newest body style runs 13s w/ and automatic... there is a chick on another forum i visit, who has like an 02 mustang gt... automatic and a terrible reaction time she still ran mid high 13 bone stock... she even posted the slip.

im not saying i dont believe you i know its not just power that wins races, so i totally believe you im just commenting on the "not a good a good excuse why they are still slow" comment...

most guys with gtx swaps are LUCKY to break into the 13s... given more boost and slicks they would have it no problem, but rarely do you see a streeted 13s bg, traction alone would kill you so bad it would be pretty hard to beat a mustang gt on the street.

also id like to point out im not saying there are not cars running around daily driven the have more than enough power to get it down the track in 13 seconds... its just that whole doing it on street tires regularly thats the tough part

To begin with FWDs have traction issues and tend to be slower because of that. Also. Is a turboed BG a 2000 ish model? Nope... so no **** a NEWER model car is fast/faster. Oh and then theres the tiny motor versus big motor argument. Its easy to make big power on a huge motor its not a skill. Much like camping in a camp and just picking people off. Its NOT a skill. Skill is taking a car with a tiny motor and making less torque/hp yet still roll on a 5.0... THAT takes talent!
                      **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
                      95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

Originally posted by Chad
                        must be
                        must be
                        '99 Miata - Begi manifold, T3, 2.5'' exhaust, ebay fmic, 460cc injectors, megasquirt, LC1, and toyota coil on plug conversion..

Comment

Originally posted by Chad
                          also this girl i know has a MSP , i was goign down this two laned road, and she came out of a driveway onto the road and i seen her quicky catch up to me.... as she got up next 2 me i heard her rev... so we both dropped gears.. a roll from 25.. we got to 80 and i let off i was a fender ahead
                          fyi, the msp is a sled.
                          sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
                          92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Originally posted by atomicEGT
                            fyi, the msp is a sled.
                            i would still like one, but ya
                            Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by atomicEGT
                              fyi, the msp is a sled.
                              with mad rallEye hEight y0. Trust me, some can fist the fender gap on a stock MSP.
                              The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
                              X