Infiniti FX35?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infiniti FX35?

My Mom has a 2000 Lexus RX300, and she's looking to upgrade to another luxury SUV. The new RX330 is too pricey, but she fell in love with the FX by Infiniti. Riding on the G35 platform, this thing is a sports car disguised as an SUV. We drove one yesterday, and although the outside strikes me as ugly, the inside and list of features are cool. It's got a rearview camera, DVD nav, keyless entry / starting (like, the fob stays in your pocket and if you're close enough to the car the doors unlock at the touch of the handle, and once you're sitting in the drivers seat the car will start as long as the fob is within 3 feet.) It's got "smart" cruise control that will slow ou down if you're too close to the car in the front, and a 300 foot braking "preview" feature that will begin to apply the brakes if it senses you closing on an object quickly. It has height adjustable HID's (via a knob on the dash) and this thing is pretty quick. The sport exhaust is incrediblly cool, and the handling is like a sports car, not an SUV.

Just wanted to know what you all thought of them as this is the #1 choice so far over the Volvo XC-90 and M class. Plus the FX 35 is available with chrome 20's!!!!!!

Nick Holinski
    2002 5 Speed Classic Red Protege' 5

Injen CAI - Painted Calipers - Red Hose Kit - Painted Valve Cover And Heat Shield - Factory Color Matched Engine Parts - Red / Black "Powered By Mazda" Shoulder Pads - Sylvania SilverStar High / Lows - Custom Red Rear Blinkers - Levoc Racing Development Pedals - Red Wire Looms / Covers - White Axis NE-O 17" Rims - Kumho ECSTA Supra 712 Rubber - Mazdaspeed Exhaust - 35% Tint All Around - Protege' 5 Indiglo Door Sills - Protege' 5 Interior Badging - Alpine SEC-150R Perimiter Alarm - Eurolite Red Underglow - Disabled DRL's - Bug Deflector For Winter - Chrome Gauge Bezel Surrounds - Mazdaspeed / MP3 Lip Splitter (On MP3 Bumper) - Mazdaspeed Protege Badges - iON Performance V-Weave Carbon Fiber Hood - Replacement 2003 J-Spec Headlights - Shaved Side Mouldings - Wings West 3 Piece Kit - Autometer Triple Pod - Autometer Phantom Oil / Water Temp And Oil Press

I think it's beefy-looking - I know my wife LOVES it.

And it is supposed to really perform well - fast, good handler, all that.

If it's not too much more money, I'd look at the FX45 - steps up the engine to a 4.5 liter v8, I believe - up from the 3.5L v6 in the FX35.

It may be athletic, but it's still big and heavy - and extra ponies are always a good thing.

Other than that (and the fact that I generally dislike SUV's), it's probably one of my favorite new "trucks".

~HH

Comment

Originally posted by hihoslva
      If it's not too much more money, I'd look at the FX45 - steps up the engine to a 4.5 liter v8, I believe - up from the 3.5L v6 in the FX35.
      It is more. Alot more too if I can remember, and the 3.5 actually does a pretty good job with 280 HP.

Nick Holinski
      2002 5 Speed Classic Red Protege' 5

Injen CAI - Painted Calipers - Red Hose Kit - Painted Valve Cover And Heat Shield - Factory Color Matched Engine Parts - Red / Black "Powered By Mazda" Shoulder Pads - Sylvania SilverStar High / Lows - Custom Red Rear Blinkers - Levoc Racing Development Pedals - Red Wire Looms / Covers - White Axis NE-O 17" Rims - Kumho ECSTA Supra 712 Rubber - Mazdaspeed Exhaust - 35% Tint All Around - Protege' 5 Indiglo Door Sills - Protege' 5 Interior Badging - Alpine SEC-150R Perimiter Alarm - Eurolite Red Underglow - Disabled DRL's - Bug Deflector For Winter - Chrome Gauge Bezel Surrounds - Mazdaspeed / MP3 Lip Splitter (On MP3 Bumper) - Mazdaspeed Protege Badges - iON Performance V-Weave Carbon Fiber Hood - Replacement 2003 J-Spec Headlights - Shaved Side Mouldings - Wings West 3 Piece Kit - Autometer Triple Pod - Autometer Phantom Oil / Water Temp And Oil Press

Comment

it is srta beefy looking, but in a good way, i like it alot, sure more engine would be nice, but less gas is better.
        .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
        225.94wtq
        torque monster!!!!
        dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
        http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
        http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Working...
        X