Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help

Hi to all . I got my protege half a year ago .
    There's a question , I'll be really glad if someone will help me with that :
    - When I'm driving and shifting to neutral , or just press a gas pedal for few seconds and release it , RPM goes down almost to nothing ( 200 ? ) , car start shaking and it keeps doing that for couple seconds . After that it goes back to normal ( around 700-800 ) On top of that my car shakes more then it should on neutral and I can feel some luck of power . It was little better when I put some ingector cleaner in , but didn't last too long ( till next refill )
    I changed a fuel pump 5 months ago ( I got a used one - from 40000 car on a junk yard ) - When I changed it I had to take fuel tank down and clean it ( that was a mess in there ! ) .
    So , does anyone knows how can I solve this problem ? Any ideas ?
    Thanks for help ,
    98 protege LX for appearance
    89 626 GT for performance

nope...to be honest, ive tried everything in the world including buying a NEW ECU! Its a problem with our car and Mazda has no idea how to fix it.
    I found that running 94 octane and having the oil changed more often stabalized the iddiling problem A LITTLE BIT, but, it didnt fix it.

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
    1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
    Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

"nope...to be honest, ive tried everything in the world including buying a NEW ECU! Its a problem with our car and Mazda has no idea how to fix it.
      I found that running 94 octane and having the oil changed more often stabalized the iddiling problem A LITTLE BIT, but, it didnt fix it."

I've tryied that . That's right - it kinda helps . Last time it happened , I did Oil change ( Castrol ) put some oil treatment and add the fuel injector cleaner at the same time . It worked for about 600 miles . I don't really feel like doing oil change every 1000 kms
      I have 100K miles on my car , and I don't see any reason putting 100% syntetic oil in .
      It was much better before , satrt getting worse maybe a month ago . Today it really sucked - it feels like it's gonna stall .
      I dont' think yours is that bad ( hope so
      98 protege LX for appearance
      89 626 GT for performance

Comment

Working...
      X