second gen differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

second gen differences

I can tell the 95/6 models apart from the 97/8 models. And also I can tell the 97 models from the 98, but are there any distinct differences between the 95/6 models??
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

the 96 model came with the partial paint/black rear bumper.. Most of them were not fully painted.
    The 95 rear bumpers are fully painted.

Also the 96 dx may not have a rear sway bar, but I am not sure about that one.
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Hmm, Maybe I should have narrowed it down to visible exterior differences, but thats fine. Thanks for the comments.
      Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

which auto tranny is better/stronger? the fb or the fa ?

Comment

Originally posted by loch
          which auto tranny is better/stronger? the fb or the fa ?
          what??
          lol
          I doubt either would be that much better, auto's in proteges tend to suck anyhow.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
            early 97s have the 95-96 style mirrors, later 97s have the newer style mirrors (like the 3rd gens)... all 97s have solid lifter engines, 95s have FA4A-EL auto tranny, 96+ has FB4A-EL auto tranny... 95s have G25M-R manual tranny, 96+ has F25M-R auto tranny... 97 is the last of toliet seat mazda badge... 98 has flying M and slightly different grille... there may or may not be a rear sway bar over the years on the non-ES models
            that's odd, I have never ever seen a 97 with the 95/6 style mirrors.

the 95 dx/lx/es came with a rear sway bar, 96 I am not 100% sure about, my friend had one but I never looked under it.. hmm.
            I know the 97/98 dx didn't have a sway bar .
            Bruce

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

And the colours too! 95 had a limey green, mp3 blue and a gunmetal colour!

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
              1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
              Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

which manual tranny is better? the g tranny or f tranny?
                In the Garage
                Black 93 MX-3 GS
                Bp powered
                GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
                MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

Which ever one it was that came on the 1.5l is the better tranny...the gearing is closer together.
                  (this tranny also came on my CDN LX 1.8L)

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                  1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
                  Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

u mean the 1.5 is better htan the 1.8 at something?! sweetass! inyour face 1.8'ers! muhahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                      u mean the 1.5 is better htan the 1.8 at something?! sweetass! inyour face 1.8'ers! muhahaha!
                      you need those close ratios more than us.
                      And apparently, the Canadian 1.8s have that tranny too

Comment

hey dont ruin my moment!

Comment

all 2gen pros have the F tranny, except the 95 1.8L which had the G...

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                          1.8L 97 LX (CDN)

Comment

Originally posted by K Dawg ONE
                            all 2gen pros have the F tranny, except the 95 1.8L which had the G...
                            You lied to me

Comment

I didnt lie, thats what bruce told me!

All I know is that when I went to change my clutch, my buddy from amzda said "Thats a clutch for a 1.5" and it fit in my tranny anyways cause it turns out I had the same tranny as the 1.5L...
                              which is true, but, i guess so do ALL the other modles except for the 95 1.8L
                              Now, what B told me is also based on US modles, Canada could be different!

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                              1.8L 97 LX (CDN)

Comment

Working...
                              X