another V6 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another V6 swap

So I've decided to swap a K series into my 323 and was wondering the best way to go about it. It looks to me the easiest way about it would be to find a MX3 V6 and just swap EVERYTHING, including the K8, over. Once that is done, it should be pretty easy to put in a KL, right?

Originally posted by ThatCarGuy
    So I've decided to swap a K series into my 323 and was wondering the best way to go about it. It looks to me the easiest way about it would be to find a MX3 V6 and just swap EVERYTHING, including the K8, over. Once that is done, it should be pretty easy to put in a KL, right?
    Yeah, that's what I would do. It would be easier this way...you don't have to make trips to the jy looking for everything this way. This is what I was going to do when I was considering the swap.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

agreed. Its what mike and jitb did. basically unbolt the entire subframe and everything under the hood, then bolt it back into the 323/protege.

pics of the progress are demanded.
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

thats the best way to go and if you smart about it you could end up with two functional car by that you could put the 323 motor in the mx-3 shell and make money out of it. those are my plans but i havent found an mx-3 around me.
        ANGEL

Comment

ick.....a b6 in a mx3...lol....
          Eat ****.

Comment

^thats what they come with the RS does.... still ick...lol

But if your gonan find a mx3 gs non working or working, just swap everythign over...to a 323....you really wont need EVERYTHING. but you will need most. In short everything from engein /tranny and whatever connects to it...

When i pull my motor out im gonna take soem real good pics, of it this time...to show the process... because i didnt do it when i put it in.. lol

But im gonna be throwin my motor into a 323 after i build the kl...but shhhhh its a secret...

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
              ick.....a b6 in a mx3...lol....
              is funny but is a good way to make money you might end up with a free engine swap
              ANGEL

Comment

It would be a B5ZE, not a B6, so it wouldn't be emissions legal in California... which is one of the reasons i decided to change it. I mean, a B5 is kinda cool... but not worth the 200 dollar smog check, if you catch my drift...

Comment

Originally posted by ThatCarGuy
                  It would be a B5ZE, not a B6, so it wouldn't be emissions legal in California... which is one of the reasons i decided to change it. I mean, a B5 is kinda cool... but not worth the 200 dollar smog check, if you catch my drift...
                  ouch yeah.... def not worth it.
                  The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

smog check? what's that?
                    '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                    '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                    '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
                    '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
                    '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
                    '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

Working...
                    X