Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mazda discourages employees from driving.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mazda discourages employees from driving.

Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

That's tight. I wouldn't do it for $12/month though. lol

Comment

True. I didn't think of that.

Comment

Silly eco-freaks

Comment

Do they get like $6 a month if they drive the Mazda suitcase car to work?

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
          On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
          My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

If they care enough about the environment to PAY their employees not to drive, it seems like they should be trying for environmentally friendly cars a little harder.

Comment

I didn't say hybrid, I said environmentally friendly. Historically Mazda's done pretty well with unusual engines... I'm not saying that any car manufacturer can just out of the blue decide to build a non-combustion car, I understand the economic issues. But I think money could be better spent on developing a viable alternative to gas powered cars than on making your employees walk to work.

Comment

Not only will they be saving fuel and using less fuel, they'll also be healthier by walking instead of driving.
                Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                  Not only will they be saving fuel and using less fuel, they'll also be healthier by walking instead of driving.
                  No, really? LOL.

While I only live 2.4 miles from my place of employment, I've never walked there(though I have ridden my bike there, but that was before I worked there, and before I could drive), and don't ever plan on doing that.

Walking to work could make the employees prematurely fatigued and less productive. It all depends on how far they live from the Mazdaness whether they should walk or not. I say if it's 1 mile or less they can walk, beyond that it's cumbersome and needless. They're with Mazda, let them drive thier Mazdas to work!

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
                    they're still testing the hydrogen rotary **** and it's been working pretty good so far... it works way better on a rotary than a reciprocating engine... when they deem it good for production, then mazda will have the upper hand due to the fact that they have something unique, high performance, and still environmentally friendly
                    That would be sweet. I would love to see that. I heard that the problem they're having with hydrogen combustion engines is safely storing the hydrogen in the car. I heard that if you get into a car accident with one you'll have a little mushroom cloud because it's so unstable. I don't know anything about it personally but that's what I heard.
                    Back in BG business.

Comment

hydrogen

too bad the most economical/easy ways of producing hydrogen is a very energy intensive process. Robbing Peter to pay Paul.
                      2005 Mazda 3

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor_Protege
                        That would be sweet. I would love to see that. I heard that the problem they're having with hydrogen combustion engines is safely storing the hydrogen in the car. I heard that if you get into a car accident with one you'll have a little mushroom cloud because it's so unstable. I don't know anything about it personally but that's what I heard.

actually I read about this as I was worried about the same, and they said that its actually just as safe if not safer than regular gasoline... thats just part of the "bad" hype behind using hydrogen.
                        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

The bad hype comes from that poor blimp that burst into flames.

However, the Hindenburg caught fire because the sheathing it used had the ingrediance of rocket fuel, and a freak incident of static electricity sparked a fire on the sheathing, which burned through to the hydrogen tanks, and ofcourse when hydrogen is exposed to open flame it burns very very well. That's how that happened. Driving a hydrogen car is safe unless something else on the car catches on fire.

Aren't you glad I listened in Chem class?

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid
                            The bad hype comes from that poor blimp that burst into flames.

However, the Hindenburg caught fire because the sheathing it used had the ingrediance of rocket fuel, and a freak incident of static electricity sparked a fire on the sheathing, which burned through to the hydrogen tanks, and ofcourse when hydrogen is exposed to open flame it burns very very well. That's how that happened. Driving a hydrogen car is safe unless something else on the car catches on fire.

Aren't you glad I listened in Chem class?
                            Aluminum oxide will get you every time...

... oh and like gasoline is completely inert

Comment

Originally posted by cablemirc
                              suitcase car?
                              Yup, built in 1991 for Mazda USA
                              http://www.roadraceengineering.com/suitcasecar.htm
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Guest; 12-10-2005, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X