Fixing flappy 10" sub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixing flappy 10" sub

my friend gave me a 10" audiobaun sub and said it flapped, well i tried it out, and sure enough it does. a while back i was talking to some friends and one said he fixed his with electrical tape. if i can, where do i put the tape? and is there a fix for it? if not tape?
    LET'S GO MAVERICKS!!
    Buy my 17x7 Konig silver gloss 5 spoke rims.
    WTB: Garrett T25 Turbo
    Your Xbox too big for your car and want it to fit? Want to save games to it? Want Emulators? I do Xbox Mods.
    REFs from Xbox-scene.com and bst-scene.com
    Good Guys: Chance_P, Swampdonkeys, mystikz2002, sickdimension, Silv3rMan, Questioner, appleguru, millican
    Paypal Verified

Moved to proper forum.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

What does 'flapped' mean? I've never heard anyone use that word to describe a malfunctioning subwoofer. If the cone or surround is cracked, you 'could' fix it with electrical tape.. but it's ugly as hell and doesn't fix any problem. If the wires connecting to the cone have become disconnected or the voice coil is ruined, you could send it into Audiobahn and have it refurbished. But given the price of most Audiobahn crap, it's worthless. Throw the sub out if it won't work. As far as 'flapping', what the hell do you mean?
      Kevin

Comment

well the hole in the back. there's supposed to be some sort of fiber sealing it about 3 to 4 inches down. i put my finger in there, gently, to check it. it's busted loose. therefore it makes a "flapping sound." how can i fix it?
        LET'S GO MAVERICKS!!
        Your Xbox too big for your car and want it to fit? Want to save games to it? Want Emulators? I do Xbox Mods.
        Good Guys: Chance_P, Swampdonkeys, mystikz2002, sickdimension, Silv3rMan, Questioner, appleguru, millican
        Paypal Verified

Comment

Thats beyond the realm of what I'd consider being user serviceable. If it really means that much to you, have it rebuilt through Audiobahn.
          Kevin

Comment

pictures?

Comment

Sell it for what you can, and get 2 new 10's?

Comment

You can pick up 2 15 inch subwoofers for 45 dollers for both around here at the Electronics Surplus Store, sure there not "the best" but they definately boom, and the magnets weigh like 20 pounds
                Joe H
                2000 Chevy Impala
                3400 3.4 Liter V6
                Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
                U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
                Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

well pm me if you want it. i'll probably just throw it away otherwise
                  LET'S GO MAVERICKS!!
                  Paypal Verified

Comment

Working...
                  X