my lx rear disc swap .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my lx rear disc swap .....

i got a 323 and want to put a lx disc for the rear drums. I put everything together and i thought everything would fit perfect but i thought wrong. The METAL BRAKE LINE that goes behind the caliper wont screw on the stock brake line under chassis. how do i make this fit?

should i replace the whole braking system to lx?

should i cut the brake line and just modify it.? ( kragen parts but not very reliable)

can somebody help me on this i have bought this disc last year in NOVEMBER i want to be able to use it soon...thx.

Re: my lx rear disc swap .....

Originally posted by 1ofdfew323
    i got a 323 and want to put a lx disc for the rear drums. I put everything together and i thought everything would fit perfect but i thought wrong. The METAL BRAKE LINE that goes behind the caliper wont screw on the stock brake line under chassis. how do i make this fit?

should i replace the whole braking system to lx?

should i cut the brake line and just modify it.? ( kragen parts but not very reliable)

can somebody help me on this i have bought this disc last year in NOVEMBER i want to be able to use it soon...thx.
    LOL, yeah ok here is what i am planning on. i have a Canadian LX which is like a USDM LX with the DX engine, and brakes. i am bleeding ALL of the fluids. then cuting 1" back off of each the disk brake line and the drum brake line. then copper insert and a mig welder. (i know 2 different metals, but trust me here) you could also just get a rubber hose and clamp the 2 together. it might not look goos but i am sure you could make it work if you are in a pinch.
    When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
    Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
    Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
    So his engine he goosed
    With much too much boost,
    And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

hmmm....i hate to tell u this but we r talking about brakes here. I will be running 14's on a 1/4 mile ( hopefully) and with that modification on my brakes i would rather use the kragen stuff. Ur going to too much trouble bro maybe i should teach u instead how to use that kragen cuz ur plan is alot of work and very dangerous....thanks for the reply tho.

Comment

your doing **** all wrong like... the rear porportioning valve must have the (drum lines dissconnected from it) and the lx ones screwd into to it. the lx lines should be on the axel.... if not then out to the junk yard you go.... it should be a simple 1,2,3

you know what... **** it... just swap the whole rear proportioning valve over from the LX.... shouldn't make much of a difference but just to be on the safe side....

oh... make sure you swap the proportioning vavle in the engine bay.
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

dawg we aint talking about the ebrakes!

Comment

i thought that the stainless SS brakelines were needed for this particular swap
            No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

Originally posted by 1ofdfew323
              dawg we aint talking about the ebrakes!
              you sholud be, those cables need to be swapped as well.

Comment

no need for SS lines.... but hell if you got em... you might as well....

and as well... darryl is right you'll also need the E-brake cables from the LX since the 323 designed cables have a different head on the end.
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

i have a tendancy to do things the hard way. i say fuket and i am swapping the _whole_ wheelwell assembley. (sub the struts, springs) i am doing the REar disk, because i plan on upgrading to larger rotors, in the rear, and larger front disks will be welcome.
                  When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                  Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                  Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                  So his engine he goosed
                  With much too much boost,
                  And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

I've been all about switching my dx over too, I don't understand why you would want to do it half assed though. Is there no easy way to take care of it? I have a buddy with a Sentra and one with a Civic who have both converted there's over. I know we have **** for help from the aftermarket, but if you have all the stuff from an LX or scort GT it would work good right?
                    I found out how to beat a Honda! Just about anyway you can think of. Even in reverse. <- my buddy Mike: Haha, your Civic is a pile of vtech crap! Zoom-Zoom!

Comment

lx and gt will work but the thing is its not a straight swap like the sentras and civics. Ours needs to be modified a lil.

Comment

Lol, as been the case with everything performance oriented with this car. That's why I love my car and not some stupid honda or nissan.
                        I found out how to beat a Honda! Just about anyway you can think of. Even in reverse. <- my buddy Mike: Haha, your Civic is a pile of vtech crap! Zoom-Zoom!

Comment

James G.
                          sobe83@yahoo.com
                          AIM: DVS 323BPT
                          MySpace
                          Cardomain
                          <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

you will need the brake lines from the LX protege rear discs .

The brake lines for the drums and the discs are DIFFERENT.

When you get your discs tell them to cut the brake lines all the way at the top past the screw... (up by the shock on the chassis).

Also when you get your rear discs. Do not just take the whole spindle. Take the whole spindle with the two lateral links also.
                            Just tell them to unbolt the lateral links from the center position. This will make your life so much easier as the bolt that passes through the center of the spindle connecting the lateral links always seizes...
                            Don't say I didn't warn you

Bruce
                            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                              you will need the brake lines from the LX protege rear discs .

When you get your discs tell them to cut the brake lines all the way at the top past the screw... (up by the shock on the chassis).

Bruce
                              ok u said use the brake line from the lx rite? so from behind the disc to where should i get it?

cut the brake line? so how do i put it back together if its already been cut...

here's how i got mine... ( got it from the junkyard) i took the whole assembly of the rear disc the problem was the lx line from behind the disc wont fit on the stock dx...i know thats just wut u said so wut should i do then remove the stock dx line all the way to the rear brake line splitter ( the one on the rear ) and replace it with lx? i dont think this is gonna work cuz if i replace the dx line i will have to replace the dx splitter to lx then the dx line that goes from the rear to the front.

does anyone have a rear disc convertion here that can explain it step by step?

Comment

Working...
                              X