[WTB] GTR AWD system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[WTB] GTR AWD system

I am looking for the entire GTR AWD system, front to back... i have an engine i'm putting in my MX-3 and Ineed a new tranny so i figured why not go GTR system... does anyone have any idea how i can get it? thanks

tim
    In the Garage
    Black 93 MX-3 GS
    Bp powered
    GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
    MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

not gtr, but close enough
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

moved to appropriate section

Post pics of this build once you get the parts.... please.
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

sadly that doesn't even come with the trans ... plus won't the gtx trans blow up around 200 whp? but thanks for posting.. i will look into that a bit more
        In the Garage
        Black 93 MX-3 GS
        Bp powered
        GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

Blow up? I'm not very knowledgable about transmissions but no one has had a gtx transmission blow up on them, unless someone here cares to refute that claim.
          1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

go the www.mazda323performance.com and look through their forum on the gtx transmisions... none seems to do well over 200 whp uhnless they crio treat them or shot peen them and do other mods to the transmission.. but i've heard the gtr trans since it was upgraded from the gtx can handle over 300 whp
            In the Garage
            Black 93 MX-3 GS
            Bp powered
            GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

uhh... which gtx tranny are you refering to?
              TheMAN
              '01 BJFP MT
              '05 BK3P HB AT

Come see the Protege FAQ

No, I don't own an MP5.
              No, I don't drive a Protege 5.

Originally posted by R240NAII:
              It's always, "hi, I'm 16, a flaming pissant, and have my parents hard-earned money that I'd like to blow, hold my hand and walk me through a course on driftnng/boosting/driving, but remember that I'm not intelligent enough to understand anything and will repeatedly ask the same basic, moronic questions, over and over again".

What happens when you send me PMs such as:
              -Sending me a stupid question (no common sense, no logic, impractical, etc)
              -Sending me a question that can be found searching or in the FAQ
              -Sending me an illegible question (ie: bad grammar)
              No you WON'T get flamed, you'll get ignored. The results will vary if you send flames/insults

Comment

is the gtx trans from the states the same as the the japanese one? or is the jspec one better just not as good as the gtr? cause when i say gtx i am assuming both trannies and diffs are the about the same... cause i haven't found anything to give me better info yet
                In the Garage
                Black 93 MX-3 GS
                Bp powered
                GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

no such thing as a "jpsec gtx tranny"
                  TheMAN
                  '01 BJFP MT
                  '05 BK3P HB AT

Come see the Protege FAQ

No, I don't own an MP5.

It's always, "hi, I'm 16, a flaming pissant, and have my parents hard-earned money that I'd like to blow, hold my hand and walk me through a course on driftnng/boosting/driving, but remember that I'm not intelligent enough to understand anything and will repeatedly ask the same basic, moronic questions, over and over again".

No you WON'T get flamed, you'll get ignored. The results will vary if you send flames/insults

Comment

I just replied to the 323 forums thread, but i think your confusing the GTX models.

there are 2 Mazda GTX models
                    88-89 GTX BF Chassis
                    90-94 GTX BG Chassis

the 323 forums is mainly 88-89 GTX owners, NOT the same as the 90-94 GTX.

as i said, the BG 90-94 GTX trans/diff will handle 200whp without issues. I would also think the BF GTX trans/diff would handle it as well, i mean they rally the piss out these cars, both mod'd and stock...so they must be able to handle moderate racing abuse (to a point)

Comment

and this forum focuses on BG GT-X ****... and honestly, no one gives a **** about BFs on this board as far as parts and modications goes

the reason why the BF GT-X tranny is weak is the same reason why the BG 4WD model's (we got that here, at least 3 people have those cars on this board) tranny is weak.... the center locking diff ****.... the BG GT-X tranny uses viscous, like the GT-R
                      TheMAN
                      '01 BJFP MT
                      '05 BK3P HB AT

Come see the Protege FAQ

No, I don't own an MP5.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
                        and this forum focuses on BG GT-X ****... and honestly, no one gives a **** about BFs on this board as far as parts and modications goes

the reason why the BF GT-X tranny is weak is the same reason why the BG 4WD model's (we got that here, at least 3 people have those cars on this board) tranny is weak.... the center locking diff ****.... the BG GT-X tranny uses viscous, like the GT-R
                        YEP just like the one i have in my AWD MX3. if you can find a Jap importer that deals in Mazda then you can normally order one. other wise i got mine from Corksport. its soo nice, 5th gear is tall. i run 60 mph at like 2600 2700 rpms.
                        so are you planning on putting the AWD system into the MX????? cause from the post thats what it sounds like to me.
                        Josh
                        95' AWD MX-3 RST - Still a work in progress
                        05' MS RX-8 - Needing some love in the form of a new motor, soon to be FE3 powered
                        Work Log - http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53776
                        Cardomain Page - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/408020
                        Face Book page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mazda-...37983472959216

Comment

that is what i am thinking about.. and i emailed you a few times with questions.. but havne't heard back yet.... i just figure if i'm doing all this work and swapping.. why not try and upgrade my trans and drive system also.. especially since i race autocross... i can imagine that awd would help my times a bit
                          In the Garage
                          Black 93 MX-3 GS
                          Bp powered
                          GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

in a totally uncompetitive class
                            TheMAN
                            '01 BJFP MT
                            '05 BK3P HB AT

Come see the Protege FAQ

No, I don't own an MP5.

Comment

what do you mean in a totaly uncompetitive class? are you saying that the mx3 with a built bp and awd system can't be competitive?
                              In the Garage
                              Black 93 MX-3 GS
                              Bp powered
                              GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
                              X