theres an srt-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

theres an srt-4

Well my friend who owns an srt-4 and myself decided to go to a local shop to check some stuff out. I just got my car back up and running and told him i didnt wanna try anything. So anways as always ppl never can listen so he ends up lining up with me at like 55mph and i say **** it and drop it into 3rd and so does he. We are side by side literally up till about 100 where we both start to slow down cuz of traffic coming up fast ahead. We slow down and he tells me "holy **** that thing is fast" and i ask him how much boost hes running and he says "stock 10-14psi" i tell him that i'm on 4 1/2 psi.......yes thats right ppl 4 1/2psi and i was side by side with an srt-4. Not really a kill story but some of you are just so close minded to believe that bp's cant be any sort of fast. Oh and just for a heads up this race was on 4 1/2 psi on 330cc injectors non tuned on heavy ass 17s in the back and stock 14in wheels in the front since i ruined 2 of my 17s. In a month i will have installed my lightweight rota gt3's seen in the photo/gallery forum with dunlop fm901 215/55/15, 550cc injectors, 14psi on a t3 ,dyno tune, weight reduction, probe gt 6puck act clutch.........can you say 12 second car? I'm workin over time like a bitch though........night fellas. Peace

Need Vehicle Graphics, Decals, Headlight/Tail light tint? Visit http://www.graphxsigns.net or PM me!

ok i just got back a few mins ago from meeting up with my friend with the srt4 to get another run in and.........i have officially beat an srt-4 on 4 1/2 psi of boost. Its not the fact that i beat an srt-4 that amazes me because i have beaten them before......but its the fact that i'm on a mere 4 1/2 psi of boost and beat an srt-4. And to qualm the question that i know some of you wanna ask.......NO MY BOOST GAUGE IS NOT BROKEN. Have a nice nite fellas. []Deace

Need Vehicle Graphics, Decals, Headlight/Tail light tint? Visit http://www.graphxsigns.net or PM me!

Comment

Must have been some excellent driving on your part. From what I hear those SRT4s put down over 200whp stock. Congrats

Comment

qualm - an uneasy feeling of doubt, worry, or fear, especially about one's own conduct, a misgiving

I have no qualms about calling out your lack of English grammar skills.

Comment

Originally posted by 95ProLeila
          qualm - an uneasy feeling of doubt, worry, or fear, especially about one's own conduct, a misgiving

I have no qualms about calling out your lack of English grammar skills.
          lol pwn3d

good kill btw

Comment

good kill

Comment

Nice Kill, those things are fast.

BTW- have you tried that tire size before (215/55-15). I plan on running 215/50-15's next year but have heard of fitment issues.
              1992 Mazda Protege LX w/Primer spots
              Plus new
              1991 Mazda Protege LX w/138,000mi

Comment

i apologize about teh grammar mistake, what i meant to say was "to cure your qualms (qualm - an uneasy feeling of doubt) of me beating this srt-4 on 4 psi.....my boost gauge is not broken. That is all.

As far as tire size i plan on running possibly even wider tires.......maybe 235's and rolling the fenders. We'll find out if i rub but for the most part i'll be running 215s till i break 350whp at which point i will get wider tires. I'll let u know how mine fit....i may just have to settle for 205's, but we will see. []Deace
                Last edited by b-potent; 12-07-2005, 06:01 PM.

Comment

congrats d00d.
                  The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

i want 350 whp

Comment

Originally posted by silver03p5
                      i want 350 whp
                      sell your 3rd gen for 1st gen parts then.
                      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

shh

Comment

Thanks for the support everyone, it was definitely a fun experience especially to represent mazdas with pistons since only thing anyone around here knows how to say when they hear the name mazda is "you got a rotary in that?" Anyways on to more important matters 350whp is easily achievable with the right setup. I dont know about you guys but i am gonna make this thing insanely fast.....literally like 450+whp with matching tq numbers(no honda tq numbers here). I'll probably max out this t3 at its efficiency range of around 18psi at which point i will upgrade to the gt30 ball bearing turbo in the months ahead, but that wont be for awhile. Haha my inspiration for all this is the yellow honda civic hatch (eventhough i'm not a honda fan) on the front of turbo magazine making 675whp & 470wtq @ 30psi of boost on a gt42, which is completely insane. I asked myself the question if a honda can do it, why cant my mazda?So that is my quest and i'm far from it and i know what your gonna say......blah blah blah traction blah blah lsd blah blah cant be a daily driver blah........we will see in due time. Anyways good stuff fellas. []Deace

Comment

Im curious how you managed only 4.5 psi? Is that the stock wastegate setting or did you have a leak?

Comment

something is wrong with my boost controller so it is at the stock wastegate setting. I'm fixing my boost controller this saturday so i can turn it up to 7psi which should be interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X