My 3rd AutoX today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 3rd AutoX today

so this was my first time autoXing the Familia since the turbo swap. i competed in the Street Modified class. that was fine with me untill i went to the staging area and parked my car next to about 6 STI's, 3 BMW m3's, an EVO and a few others. hahaha

so i did not get a chance to walk the track this morning so my first run was me getting to know the course. my time was a 70.something . ok fine. Run #2 came up and my goal was to best it by 2 seconds. i was amazed to hear my time of a 65.4!!! and then dismayed to hear DNF... i missed a slalom. my last run i ran an even quicker 64.00X !!!! and missed the same slalom!!! DNF AGAIN!!! with the 64 i would have been 3rd from last, as opposed to the 70 which earned me last. but i had a great time and cant wait untill next month now that i have a bit more knowlage of my car's limits...
    Serenity's Dead.

Shoot, I would kill to give autocrossing a try sometime soon. Hopefully this summer.
    1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

Nice kiddX those were some good runs man, to bad you missed those damn slaloms though , but go get them next time man!!! goodluck!

And yeh i would give anything to try out AutoX looks so much fun last time i went out to a local meet my car decided to break down minutes before i was supposed to run bah! but yeh when the season comes again i will do a few races.

Comment

nice runs man. Pics?
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

haha, i would have been 178th! damn DNF;s!

Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Man, what the hell is a trac dragon (189)?
            1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

wow thats awesome man, i'm gonna start auto x and going to road courses as soon as i get my true coilovers setup. Seems like tons of fun and i wont get in trouble for it,haha. Keep it up, you can only get better. []Deace

Need Vehicle Graphics, Decals, Headlight/Tail light tint? Visit http://www.graphxsigns.net or PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by the asian geoff
                Man, what the hell is a trac dragon (189)?
                shifter kart...

it goes number then class
                189/125
                125 is a kart class

414/SM - Street Mod (cars)
                Last edited by MazdaRacer; 12-14-2005, 12:24 AM.

Comment

well, as long as ya had fun dude, who cares. you're learning right now, and well, not to sound harsh, but no where else but up from here

Comment

It's been years since I've wanted to try out autox, but never did. How do I find out when there are events in my region?

Sounds like you had fun and that's all that matters. Do post some action shots if you got them!
                    -------------------------
                    '91 LX
                    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
                    -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
                    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

not sure where to find a place in your area, i think MazdaRacer would know
                      Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Working...
                      X