Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

Blk Egt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blk Egt

Hey Brandon, I saw you this mourning in your egt. Looks like you just waxed it.
    Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

He might have just buffed it... I know it looks 100% better last time I saw it. I think he wanted to get ahold of you for an Auto to 5spd swap possibly in the future
    94 Protege DX... A work in progress.
    Spring Tech Springs
    Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors
    Cone Filter
    17" Rotas
    More to Come......

Comment

Ill be doing mine next month in the egt I just bought. We should get together and do them. Have Brandon got on line to see what the hell is going on. Any plans on your car in the future?

Comment

Alternator is out, I think at least... replaced it with one from U-pull-it and it worked for a couple days. Now it is dead again... Havent had much time to look at it tho. Anyways, yea I will tell him to get online
        Spring Tech Springs
        Cone Filter
        17" Rotas
        More to Come......

Comment

Not to get off topic but I had my alternator do the same thing lately. First one I replaced lasted a week second one 20 minutes and a fried computer.

I know it's spelled protege! I just can't change it. Deal with it!

Comment

thats wierd... gonna try a brand new one to see what happens... Will let you know the outcome
            Spring Tech Springs
            Cone Filter
            17" Rotas
            More to Come......

Comment

sorry for the late reply.... Yep that twas me. Buffed the grey....i mean black EGT a couple of months ago looks pretty damn good for a 91. i think i had just re waxed it that weekend prior to your sighting. future plans are as follows MAINTNENCE! yep that about wraps up my plans. timing belt, water pump, accy. belt, maybe new mounts all around, susp. bushings too(last prob.), and tranny swap would be really nice if the price is right.

Comment

What about 300 for parts?

Comment

hmmm... i would be all over that if i didnt just get a new truck and am saving every penney i have to pay the down paymet i owe. but maybe someday real soon.

Comment

I had a guy in washington that was going to sell it to me, but my egt got wrecked so I bought a new one that was an auto. I just figured I would let you know about the trans I was going to get.

Comment

thanx for the heads up.

Comment

Since we are on the topic of trannies, does anyone know if and EGT/Pro LX 5spd tranny is an fairly easy swap to a DX Pro?
                        Spring Tech Springs
                        Cone Filter
                        17" Rotas
                        More to Come......

Comment

i dont think it would be too difficult, maybe front and rear motor mounts w/ brackets, and axels w/ half shaft. you might even be able to use the drivers axel. i reused mine when i did the G25(Pro LX) trans swap on my MX3.

iv got a G25 trans if your looking to do the swap. 92-2-fast was going to buy it bt as he stated above, his car got wrecked. but its still up for grabs.
                          Josh
                          95' AWD MX-3 RST - Still a work in progress
                          05' MS RX-8 - Needing some love in the form of a new motor, soon to be FE3 powered
                          Work Log - http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53776
                          Cardomain Page - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/408020
                          Face Book page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mazda-...37983472959216

Comment

hmm, If the DX tranny is the same as thew MX-3 one I had, then all you need is tranny, Axles, and mounts for the tranny.

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
                            Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

I have a shot at a wrecked EGT, and I was gonna try to do a couple swaps from it to my DX
                              Spring Tech Springs
                              Cone Filter
                              17" Rotas
                              More to Come......

Comment

Working...
                              X