gtx piping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gtx piping?

hopefully i will win my poker turney to day and be able to buy a gtx so i am wanting to know what is the best piping to use and where to get it ?
    and what prep should i do?
    02 msp clone gone but will never be forgotten

Turbo an NA. Thats the prep work to do. If you put a gtx intake manifold on it, you will be far better off. Than you can choosew what turbo you want to use. But if you still plan on the gtx route, than let me see if I can help.
    PREP:
    for sake of arguement Im going to say you have absolutely no parts yet and are planning a front mount style set-up.

1st buy your chosen front mount. This will be the main part of the build to plan around. If you buy a large one like mine, than you will probably loose your ac due to the placement of the ac's condenser.

2nd Mock up the IC and get some piping welded to fit. There are a lot of exhaust shops that will make the plumbing for you at a reasonable rate. Or you can do what I did and use black pcv from the turbo to the ic than hard line from the ic to the throttle body. One of the hardest parts of the build is figuring out what to do about the lower radiator hose. Do to its location in the center of the radiator, it is semi hard to run your piping without it hanging down a bit. you can use a EGT radiator if money isn't that big of a deal, or just run the piping below it.

3rd make sure to buy good hose clamps. The usual "worm" style clamps will not hold the pressure. The T-bolt clamps work very well and you can get theem through a lot of parts houses.

4th get silicone elbows, reducers, or anyother type of coupleres. These are fairly expensive, but they are well worth the cost by making the install a lot easier.

Really thats about it if you are going with a gtx motor. If your doind an NA turbo build there are more things like, oil and water lines, drilling and taping the oil pan, and so on.

1more thing befor I forget. If you go gtx corksport sells the intake tube that connectes to the in-side of the turbo compressor. Trust me, well worth the money. And if you get the turbo with the cast aluminum pipe still bolted on, than you will need to have it cut and rewelded. If you can have them reweld it in a 90degree the other way. Just make sure you have them remove all the "pinched" areas.
    Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

Working...
    X