Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Went to look at the MS6, hot damn i want one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to look at the MS6, hot damn i want one.

Went to look at the mazdaspeed 6 and it gave me a total boner. I havent got a chance to test drive yet, but man, if you lowered that car a few inches, got some better looking rims, it'd spit hot fire. Meh, maybe in a few years when its not 30 grand. Id hate to move out of the protege/323/3 family but....i might have to.
    sigpic

When the hell is the Mazdaspeed RX8 coming out, theyve been talking about it forever but i have yet to see it. Isent it supost to be turbod too.
    Joe H
    2000 Chevy Impala
    3400 3.4 Liter V6
    Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
    U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
    Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

its pretty much all "hear-say". But, looking at mazdas trend the past few years, they make a mazdaspeed version of a car the last year or two that it is in production. So it should be well on the way. Along with a mazdaspeed 3 if they keep this up.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm a big fan of the MS6 too. I got to test drive one last week when I went to get some parts for the MP3. I would love to pick one up, but not until they come down in price after a couple of years. It is looking like a really good option for me once I finish college.

Comment

Nice car... Saw a black one and a white one side-by-side @ the local Mazda stealership. They had marked them up $3000 for "market adjustment".
          Current-'08 MZ3 Hatch auto, '04 MZ3 Hatch 5-spd, '03 Pro-Lx 5 spd,
          '56 VW Cal Ragtop
          www.cardomain.com/ride/2285117/1

Comment

We have two grey ones at work , got to drive one - its very nice .
            98 protege lx 1.8l
            short ram intake custom
            crane hi-6 ign.
            14 miata alloy wheels
            .50 over pistons and some other tricks .

my protege

Comment

Definately looks nice as hell...

The official Mazda site to research and shop for all Mazda vehicles. Explore our models, features, photos, specs, build your own, and more on MazdaUSA.com.
              -------------------------
              '91 LX
              '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
              -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
              well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

We had 3 at my dealership, 1 sold right away(not before some of the dumber salespeople drove the piss out of it), 1 in the showroom, and a black one that I drove around the block, twice.

Pretty damn quick. Not my type of car, it still feels heavy, and I don't like the power band and how the power fades out at about 6K, and the turbo lag feels odd(hard to explain, but in the Legacy GT, the boost comes in fast and strong, while the MS6 seems like it spools fast but the boost takes time to build up and the power also takes time, maybe it's just too smooth.

Cool cars nonetheless. They sure do feel better built than a regular 6. Mmmm, Japan manufacturing.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

I was suprised with how well it still handled considering the size and weight. Incredibly smooth ride quality as well.

Comment

Originally posted by McCorkle
                    I was suprised with how well it still handled considering the size and weight.
                    Yeah AWD works wonders, take a look at the STI / Evo , they weigh over 3200 pounds and look how good they are
                    Joe H
                    2000 Chevy Impala
                    3400 3.4 Liter V6
                    Fun Times

Comment

i still haven't seen the car on the roads of malaysia but it's a hell of a great car. MS6 i suppose is running wif sp23 turbo awd and the MS3 is also running wif the same powerplant but a front wheel drive layout. i also heard it is tune down to accomodate the chassis and the car's weight as it is lighter than the 6. the MS RX-8 is not running turbocharged but it has aero kits, bigger wheels and uprated ecu's i ithink. besides that, it has other accessories like bucket seats and etc courtesy of mazdaspeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Vash00es
                        Yeah AWD works wonders, take a look at the STI / Evo , they weigh over 3200 pounds and look how good they are

MS6 is AWD as well, but it's a ****ty AWD system that keep power up front untill it decides power need to be sent to the rear.....
                        2005 Mazda 3

Comment

lol wtf is that, most AWD systems are like 75 / 25 or 70 / 30, something in that area, NEVER front biased
                          Joe H
                          2000 Chevy Impala
                          3400 3.4 Liter V6
                          Fun Times

Comment

the MS6 is indeed hot, but i have yet to see one down here, i dont even know if the mazda dealer down here has them yet. though i havent paid much attention im sure they do

Comment

yeah I have always liked the mazda 6 line.. but I can't speak for anything else mazda has right now.
                              This Ms 6 looks pretty nice also.
                              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
                              X