enclosure idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

enclosure idea

i'm thinking about building an enclosure for a single 10 in the space behind my driver's side wheel well. i'll be using fiberglass to contour it to the trunk panel, and it'll definitely be ported i want something to stay in my car and out of the way, for when i take out my big box, or if i have another problem with the brahma i'm thinking of using a resonant engineering RE10, since direcly they are only $60 or i might look into an autotek mean machine MX-1022 so it'll be easier to pick an amp i'd like to stick with autotek for the amp, since i can get them through my distributor, and i know they are great amps the other option would be to use hollywood sound labs, but i'm not as impressed with their subs compared to RE. with the RE sub, since it runs at 2 ohm, autotek is kind of out of the question i might try the hollywood HVX 300.2 which will put out 300 watts at 2 ohm mono. it's a bit over powered for the sub, but the RE should handle it. plus the hollywood amp has a subsonic filter, which is a good idea for the ported box this won't happen for a while, since i'm still 350 miles from home but if i get it to fit right, and sound good, i might make a mold to easily reproduce them and sell them as a sub, amp, and enclosure combo with an autotek sub and SX-2200 i figure it'll be about $500-$600. with an RE10 and the hollywood amp i figure it to be about $300-$400. the prices will be determined based on cost of all the products, materials, and time to build. i'd probably cover them with carpet matching the stock interior any other suggestions on amps or subs?

you could always match a ed kx series sub up with a autotek amp. since the ed sub has a dual vc setup in different ohm load configurations, it would be easier to pick an amp, its 15 bucks more, but you get a 3 year warranty. you could run the us acoustic usx 600d which is a 375X1 @ 2 oms for 175 bucks with a 3 year warranty, or the usb 600d that is a 300X1 @ 2 ohms for 130 bucks with a 3 year warranty, since the sub only has a 175 rms, i think the usb 600d will work better, so 200 bucks for main equipment, and a 3 year warranty that the customer will like.
    '02 classic red p5
    currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

That and the ED can be in a small sealed enclosure.
      2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
      KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
      Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
      Groundkit

Comment

What about a pair of the 8's? I would like to hear what those can do when you add a little bit of physics to it. Although, it wouldn't hit in a sealed fiberglass enclosure versus a bandpass. Maybe you can make a tricked out one with a single 8 and blow people's mind for a single 8 like you did with the single 10" Brahma! You're da man!
        2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
        KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
        Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
        Groundkit

Comment

i thought about using two 8's, but it'll cost more, both for the subs, and a larger amp that's why i'm going to stick with one 10. it's gotta be ported to be in my car

walight01, i gotta check the prices of the us acoustic amps vs. what i can get through my distributor

Comment

Working...
          X