01' protege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

01' protege

i just got my '01 protoge LX2.0 last month from my mom..i would like to know what i should do to it first..i have about $1500. thanks

if it were me, (depending on what you are lookin for) i think i would go for some engine mods first. cai, headers, plugs, and a cat back that sort of stuff than suspension and wheels. thats just my opinion. *prote_boy*
    2003 protege dx; black mica
    titanium tip thermal exhaust
    k&n typhoon complete CAI
    custom engine dress up
    custom interior dress up
    5" autometer tach-silver face
    20% solar tint all around
    obx stainless steel headers
    stainless steel strut bar
    Racers Design shift knob w/custom short shifter
    17" MSR-105 gunmetal wheels, nitto neo-gen tires205/40zr17

Comment

yea another 01 LX. is it manual or auto?
      2001 Protege LX
      Appearence: 17" Gunmetal Exel Radius, EL Protege door sills, Painted emblems, CF radio surround, changed interior lights to blue LED's.
      Performance: Black injen CAI, 2.25" Magnaflow catback
      Other: 1st's grounding kit, Kartboy Exhaust hangers

Free Desktop PC complete an offer and i'll complete one of yours or give ya $5. pm me if you do.

Comment

I would get a tint job(but that is cosmetic)
        engine wise, i wouldn't waste my time on simple stuff such as intake and exhast even though it has a nice feel and touch to it, but get what proto*boy recommended.
        For me, i would the most important is getting a set of wheels and a good suspension. i think you would get the zoomzoom out of the car

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

Tint, new hu, wheels and tires

Comment

sadly, its an auto..

Comment

same car.. (even auto)
              new sound system.. can't go wrong. a sub is nice
              engine mods... i don't know enough about that, yet... but i'll concur with the above mentioned

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
              RB springs
              Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
              MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

i might go for the sony Xplod system

Comment

go with an injen cai and basically any exhaust(cuz you wont see much difference, only in sound). As for the system, i have sony xplods but am probably going with edesigns next.edesigns
                  2001 Protege LX
                  Appearence: 17" Gunmetal Exel Radius, EL Protege door sills, Painted emblems, CF radio surround, changed interior lights to blue LED's.

Free Desktop PC complete an offer and i'll complete one of yours or give ya $5. pm me if you do.

Comment

oh and i would recommend installin as much as you can by urself. to cut down on spendin. that leaves more money for mods.
                    2001 Protege LX

Comment

i've heard some bad things about Xplod systems... but i haven't heard any myself, so i can't judge.

I'm getting my eDesign system this weekend (but Kenwood HU is at futureshop until Nov. 19th) and stock radio has no rca output.

but if you buy audio.. you should start in the mid-range, at least... completely avoid low-end intro stuff if you like music.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
                      RB springs
                      Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
                      MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

Screw engine mods, the car will never really be that fast.

Get some suspension, wheels / tires :D
                        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

www.corksport.com has some good offers on cai's their cheapest is the ractive its only $98 but it looks like you have to do alot of work to put it together. Then there is the AEM which is $192 and it is bolt on the most expensive one they have is the K&N it is $518 but it a lot quiter than the AEM and i think someone said it provides a little bit more boost in hp.

Comment

yea, k&n is nice, its just a little too expensive

Comment

Working...
                            X