Pros and contra with the V6 engine and the BP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pros and contra with the V6 engine and the BP

I only want to know pros and contra between this to engine. I would like to put something good to my car, i want to know to prices and witch type of engine cost more time to swap in my car.

I would like to know everything to get a straigth idea to what can i do better.......
    '93 Protege DX 5spd'
    2" Exhaust System
    2.5" Custom Intake System
    Other minor tuning (timing, etc)

well as for swap... yhe KLze needs a couple of welding and cutting, the BP is a direct bolt on... the KLZE produces 208 N/A as i recall.. the bp makes 130
    BP has a little extra more performance parts you can slap in than the KLze
    the KLZE is a beast once a turbo is placed in there but pretty complicating..

but thats all i got
    My Toys =D

Comment

The V6 is a direct bolt on also... NO WELDING NO CUTTING..

KLZE = 190hp-165tq
      KLDE = 165hp-150tqq
      K8 = 130hp - 120tq
      BP = 130hp-115tq
      BPT = 180hp - 160tq?
      To me, if u want a NA street car a v6 would be your best bet. If you want a turbo motor, a Bp will suite u fine. price wise,
      u can easily find a KLDE for about 600$,
      a Bp for about 500$
      a KLZE for 900-1000$ ,
      BPT for about 1000-1300$.

Now ive seen personally a KLZE Mx3 walk all over aMX3 BP @ 6psi.. But ive also seen that same BP@10psi leave the KLZE mx3, both GS's.

The BP is made for boost.. To me a K series motor isnt made for turbo.. Thats just my opinion. unless you do am inor build to it. But a BP you can atleast run 5lbs on it in stock form.

with a v6 u will need (tranny-ecu-harness-crossmember-axles-linkage)
      BP swap u will need (engine-harness-ECU)
      BPT (harness-Ecu) and just figure out the wiring, which isnt too hard.

The v6 swap really isnt hard, it sounds and looks like it is difficult, but if 2 people can take out a Bp out of a protege and put it in a mx3, Take the KL out of a Mx3 and putit into a protege in 2 days. That has to say something. Its not a hard swap.. BUt a bp swap is alot easier, and could be done by yourself.. Its just all abou what you want to do.. waht do u want to do?

Comment

Im getting the idea to put the BP better, is not hard to find parts here in Puerto Rico, the damn thing is the Price.

One of the most fastest TUrbo protege owner (11s) sell me the BP around 650 that i thing is very expensive because one time one guy from PR sell me the engine arund 350-400 but i dont have the money. Some guy from the forum here send me a list of items that i need to get the swap done.

I would like to see the importants part i really need to make the swap, when i said important i specify on parts that i need to have my car running like the LX.
        '93 Protege DX 5spd'
        2" Exhaust System
        2.5" Custom Intake System
        Other minor tuning (timing, etc)

Comment

Working...
        X